GA Hog Hunter Badly Hurt by Wounded Boar

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A wounded hog can be very dangerous and they can hurt you-bad. This hog weighed 192 pounds. The doctor lost three pints of blood and is a very lucky man.

This is why i always take a detour by the truck and put on chainsaw pants before going after a wounded hog.

http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=2081&cid=84

Quote:
Dr. Jackson took a 350-yard shot and heard the .243 bullet hit, but it missed the heart by an inch. The hog ran along a fence line and out of sight. J.R. went for the truck while Dr. Jackson took off through the pasture on foot.

Meanwhile, the bullet-hit hog was hunkered down in a thicket no bigger than a compact car. When the doctor came into sight, the boar charged Dr. Jackson.

?I fired from my hip and just missed,? Dr. Jackson recalled from the leather recliner in his living room. ?He took my feet out from under me and was on top of me.?

The hog backed off and charged again, this time burying a tusk in the doctor?s arm. He used his Remington .243 as a club and managed to hold back the hog?s head as it drove into him again and again. A pair of binoculars blocked a blow to his gut.

That is why they are refered to as the poor man's grizzly. I would sya the Doc may have been just a little to quick to follow and not pay attention to the under growth.

Glad it turned out ok for him, I hunt them with Knives and BP, every once in a while handgun, even the little ones are nothing to take for granted

Something i wanted to do when i was young,but not so much anymore.Would like to get a bear before i go.oh well guess i will just get a mean deer.

Back