Hog hunt (javalina)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went on a hog hunt down on the border in Texas a couple of weeks ago. Had a blast! Got a nice hog, a javelina and a bobcat. Missed a hog.

P1010265.jpg
200# boar

P1010278.jpg
bobcat female

No pic of javelina yet.
P1010239.jpg

Cousins coyotes

P1010286.jpg

P1010269.jpg

Mexico on the left U.S. on the right.

P1010273.jpg

Boulder along the Rio Grande river.

P1010233.jpg

pigs at feeder

Hog Hunt

Congrats on a great hunt! What load and bullet did you use? I've been thinking about a hog hunt and the info would be helpful. Thanks!!

very nice pictures. It looks like you had a great hunt and trip.

Looks like a ton of fun! I'm with Edward...what ranch/outfitter did you end up using?

What loads did yall use on the coyotes? Hogs?

Load used was 15 gr. v 110, with 35 gr 4198 on top with a 250 gr xtp in crushed rib sabot in a smi 50 cal barrel for the hog and Javelina. Hunted at Cinco Ranch with Fair chase ltd. (Rob Kiebler). He does not have much in the way of a website. Ranch is located just outside of El Indio. 16000 acres. Smaller game was taken with a .223 and a .204. The hog took the xtp broadside at 15yds. It only went threw the left side shield , threw the pig and stuck under the right side against the shield. He still ran 60 or 70 yards. Going to have my Javelina done in a shoulder mount and the bobcat in a full body. Will do all three skulls myself. Almost done with the hog skull. Will post pics of javelina when I recieve them from Rob. Forgot my camera the first evening out.
Don

doggzoe said:
Load used was 15 gr. v 110, with 35 gr 4198 on top with a 250 gr xtp in crushed rib sabot in a smi 50 cal barrel for the hog and Javelina. Hunted at Cinco Ranch with Fair chase ltd. (Rob Kiebler). He does not have much in the way of a website. Ranch is located just outside of El Indio. 16000 acres. Smaller game was taken with a .223 and a .204. The hog took the xtp broadside at 15yds. It only went threw the left side shield , threw the pig and stuck under the right side against the shield. He still ran 60 or 70 yards. Going to have my Javelina done in a shoulder mount and the bobcat in a full body. Will do all three skulls myself. Almost done with the hog skull. Will post pics of javelina when I recieve them from Rob. Forgot my camera the first evening out.
Don

What was the cost of the hunt?

edward
The price was $375.00 a day with one animal a day, hog or javeline. Two javelina limit per hunt. Predator hunting free, $375 trophy fee on a bobcat. The daily fee included room and board,an open bar, game care but not processing, just quatering and refrigeration. Take plenty of coolers if you want to bring a bunch back. The food was good and the rooms where nice with them being very similar to hotel rooms. Two double beds per room.
Don

BuckDoeHunter
Can't wait to do it again. We had a blast, the folks were very nice and the country side was beautiful. Cooking some shoulder meat from the hog right now. Four hours at 275 and still not real tender yet.
Don

very nice looking mounts. I really like the bobcat!!

The Bobcat Mount is really nicely posed, very cool! Congrads on the hunt.

Everyone that sees a picture of the bobcat asks if its alive its posed so life like. Scared the crap out of a freind of ours when she saw it setting there. :lol: She screamed a little.

Don

he cat is excellent. Cats and wolverine are about the hardest to get right. I think the Javalina looks great, as well.
The price sure seems like a great deal. If I lived closer, I would be there!

Latest posts

Back