Skwirls 2013 pig hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds exciting. What kind of weapon will you be using? Are these of Russian decent or just straight feral type hogs? I always thought it would be fun to hunt them with a flintlock.

I talked to those fellers back at the Harrisburg show many years ago. It's a fairly small high fence setup if I recall correctly. Over by the PA Grand Canyon?

AJ said:
I talked to those fellers back at the Harrisburg show many years ago. It's a fairly small high fence setup if I recall correctly. Over by the PA Grand Canyon?

I guess its small compared to some they 1500 acres and it is about 30 miles north of the Pa grand canyon

cayuga said:
Sounds exciting. What kind of weapon will you be using? Are these of Russian decent or just straight feral type hogs? I always thought it would be fun to hunt them with a flintlock.

We use archery equipment.... I tried to talk the boys into using muzzleloaders but I was out voted

Home from the hunt
2n8bkhe.jpg

2dqrk0.jpg

If you think we are going to let you off the hook with just a picture and no story.. you are mistaken.. :D

I would love to hear about your hunt. From looking at the picture of the hog it appears you got a nice sized one at least.

I worked on a hog farm for a while. And there is nothing as mean as a hog. When a hog wants a piece of you, your in a lot of trouble. And I have been chased by some real monsters. It would be fun to hunt one.

cayuga said:
If you think we are going to let you off the hook with just a picture and no story.. you are mistaken.. :D

The morning started off cold and slow about 20 degrees and very little activity. About noon we started a slow walk looking for pigs. We weren't 10 minites into the stalk when we spotted 2 large sows about 200 yards away. We made a slow stalk to within 25 yds and that took close to an hour. I took aim at the spotted hog and shot hitting her in the spine and she dropped like a rock. My buddy Jim took aim at the other pig making a perfect lung shot,but the big sow walked away like she wasn't touched. I walked over to mine and put a finishing arrow into her. We proceeded to were Jims pig stood and he placed another perfect shot finishing her. the pigs weighed right at 275#

#275 is a large pig. Should be some real good eating. I love grilled pork.

Latest posts

Back