Hog problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flhtr

Reaction score
I got lucky, thanks to my girlfriend, and was invited to hunt some nuisance hogs on some private land. The owner stated that the hogs have been coming in every night like clockwork. This Thursday, my girlfriend and I are going to scout the property to see what options we have for getting set up on them. The owner said that there's a lot of them and because of this I won't be using my muzzleloader right away. The upside to this is that I'll be able to test some handloads for my AR and increase our odds to take more hogs at one time. I'm going to try to condition the hogs (over a period of time) to come in during the day so that my girlfriend and I can shoot a few with the muzzleloaders. I'm hoping that this will become a hog heaven hunting oasis for a long time!

WOW!!! What a great opportunity. Good luck and please keep us posted, maybe with some pictures.

that sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Good luck to you and your girlfriend.

I got lucky, thanks to my girlfriend, and was invited to hunt some nuisance hogs on some private land. The owner stated that the hogs have been coming in every night like clockwork. This Thursday, my girlfriend and I are going to scout the property to see what options we have for getting set up on them. The owner said that there's a lot of them and because of this I won't be using my muzzleloader right away. The upside to this is that I'll be able to test some handloads for my AR and increase our odds to take more hogs at one time. I'm going to try to condition the hogs (over a period of time) to come in during the day so that my girlfriend and I can shoot a few with the muzzleloaders. I'm hoping that this will become a hog heaven hunting oasis for a long time!
Unless you want to be over run with hogs go ahead and get a trap. Hogs will go strictly nocturnal before long. If you don't deer hunt on this land or care about them rooting it up then you can leave as it. Good luck on conditioning them. They are a lot smarter than a whitetail. I am from La. and my friends and i trap 2-300 a year and can't get rid of them. They eat a acorn as soon as it hits the ground and because of this the deer hunting is getting worse with very few pictures of deer on cameras anymore.

Unless you want to be over run with hogs go ahead and get a trap. Hogs will go strictly nocturnal before long. If you don't deer hunt on this land or care about them rooting it up then you can leave as it. Good luck on conditioning them. They are a lot smarter than a whitetail. I am from La. and my friends and i trap 2-300 a year and can't get rid of them. They eat a acorn as soon as it hits the ground and because of this the deer hunting is getting worse with very few pictures of deer on cameras anymore.

This thread was started in 2013, The original poster hasn’t been on the Forum since Sept of 2017, I have a feeling he isn’t seeing this, Jus saying

Latest posts

Back