What's the plan of attack for you guy's???????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Before we no it, we will be at Loshbaugh shooting Hogs again. What Muzzleloader, Rifle, Shotgun, Bow, Crossbow (Big6x6) :shock: are you planning on using? If i was leaving now, it would be the Encore with a 44/50 300grn Dead Center. Probably just 2 pellets of 777 with a winchester primer. :) This load is subject to change daily. I might have a SMI by then. 8)

Knight Disc Extreme 50 cal with 100 gr of FFG Triple Seven and a 260 gr. Platinum tip backed up by a Knight Hawkeye 50 cal 60 gr FFFG 777 and a 240 XTP.

Knight Disc Extreme 50 cal with 100 gr of FFG Triple Seven and a 260 gr. Platinum tip

EXCELLENT choice...I KNOW what THAT will do to a hog...make that to TWO hogs!

I really have not decided yet... Kristel is pretty sure she is going to use 34-36gr N-110 and a 250gr Bonded Shockwave. I may very well use the 250gr Bonded Shockwave and 42gr N-110 with the ULA since it shoots those so well or I may use a 300gr SST from a Savage.

1st hog....Super Red Hawk .480 Ruger with an LBT load...2nd hog, Not sure, maybe a bow but most likely my HB with the load of the day. I'm looking at working up several LBT loads in it as well...

Man I really loved that breakfast sausage!!!

I am really wanting to go on a hog hunt myself, can you all give me some information on your hunt?
Where?
When?
How much?

Thanks Matt

Only thing I'm sure of at this point it will be a 50 Caliber Muzzleloader or a Lil Larger.... a .504 Caliber! :lol:

I was wondering when the first 2006 Loshbough Hog Hunt post would appear!
Right now I'm thinking Savage ML-II, Barnes-X 350 Gr. .458, Orange MMP, and a Fed. primer... and 73 gr. of an unapproved Accurate Arms powder :shock: The one that works well with bullets 300 gr. and heavier :wink:

encore4me said:
I am really wanting to go on a hog hunt myself, can you all give me some information on your hunt?
Where?
When?
How much?

Thanks Matt

Hey Matt...
The hunt is in Crossville, TN..and it takes place the 7th thru 11th of April. MOST of the actual hunting will be on the 8th and 9th. Right now we are filled up but will let you know if we have any openings come up if you are interested....

RandyWakeman said:
Thought it was squirrel rifle take-a-dare time for you, Loggy?

Just reading Mehlig's string of reports regarding "Tracking after The .451 Hit" is plenty a nuff for me. I heard that with the help of snow cover the last .451 poked deer was recovered fairly quickly though! :lol:

I just would like to know if any of those hog callers you were talking about really work?

Randy,

I just gave a few grunts on my Wilbur Primos Hog Squealer & the Mrs. started yellin at me so maybe they are effective...totally kidding of course! She's just a lil edgy after that Hog Mount Masterpiece showed up from Crossville. Wait till she hears I'm going again!! :lol:

What Beauty!! :lol: :lol:

DSCF0185.jpg

Your call has already worked at the post office, and at the local Jewel. Wow.

I'm ordering the Award Trophies in a few days, the same dramatic "Golden Pig" awards that became a source of lasting pride to the winners last year. :D Adding a "Best Dressed Award" to those for this year, and if anyone has any suggestions for generally insane (Underclocked, can you help?) awards I can add a few more.

Actually, the "Underclocked Conical King Award" could start sweeping the nation :!: :?:

big6x6 said:
encore4me said:
Where?
When?
How much?

Thanks Matt

Hey Matt...
The hunt is in Crossville, TN..and it takes place the 7th thru 11th of April. MOST of the actual hunting will be on the 8th and 9th. Right now we are filled up but will let you know if we have any openings come up if you are interested....

Thanks, I would be interested but I was really trying to get some information for myself.

Matt

Grouse,

I need you to help me keep an eye on Dad. I don't think he can jump up trees like you can. :shock:

Bring earplugs. Yeow! Won't have to wake up a hog with a stick, that's for sure.

Grouse said:
No jumping this year. The Taurus 480 raging bull will be on my side. I believe the bullet is a 325 grn XTP. :shock:

Great Tom, I'll have some of those and a few other goodies as well... :wink:

Cool Tom!

I will bring my bull in .454 Casull! w/ a 300gr Corbon HP or a maybe a Barnes handload!

MZ wise... I wanna pop one with my .410 91 and one of Hunterman's 390gr hollowpoints!

Maybe my HB with a 375 SSB ??

Back