Texas hog hunt advise

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hac

Reaction score
Hey guys looking to go to texas for a hunt, I reside in Az and was not one of the lucky ones to draw a tag of any sort. With that said I want to go to do some hunting in Texas. Any tips or recommendations of we're to go or outfitter to use. I have scowerred the net and called the Texas game and fish, with good info, but if anyone has any experience or any know how on the hog/deer/meat hunts your info would be appreciated thanks Adam

i can tell you there is virtually no public land in texas. knowing landowners in tx. is the best way to secure a hunt. offer to help with chores. if you go with a guided hunt, you want a 100 % success hunt and no bag limit. going with a 100% success hunt, you will get what you pay for. also 24 hour a day hut option is a good deal too.

triggerhappy243 said:
i can tell you there is virtually no public land in texas. knowing landowners in tx. is the best way to secure a hunt. offer to help with chores. if you go with a guided hunt, you want a 100 % success hunt and no bag limit. going with a 100% success hunt, you will get what you pay for. also 24 hour a day hut option is a good deal too.

Thank you for your input

The problem I had with finding private land to hunt is that the land owners that have hogs on their property are usually trapping them to sell to hunting ranches so the don't want people shooting them and scaring them off. Hogs are a problem in Texas but too many people are making money off them to ever fix the problem.

I finally ended up booking a trip at a private ranch, I used JP Bowhunting Ranch in Omaha, TX. Price was reasonable and it included meals and lodging. I highly recommend them but it is an archery only ranch.

I went in August and am actually going again this weekend. In August I got 2, 35lbs and 118lbs. Once again, I would recommend JP Bow hunting ranch to anyone interested.

Back