1000 yd

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
While setting up today for the 2-day LRML match starting tomorrow, a few wanted to practice so I took the opportunity to try my Knight 45 1:20 at 1000 yards.
With my scope setup I wasn't sure I could get there, but did barely. Took 137min from 50.
85gr Swiss 2F, 530gr GG
Took 3 shots to hit paper, then shot 10 shots and hit the black 4x. All misses were left/right of target as my pit man kept telling me I was just off the edge. He could see the impacts on the hill side from the pit and said my elevation was good. The wind was driving all of us crazy today (it was 75 degrees ahead of the cold front) as it was changing from near 5mph to 25mph in an instant all afternoon.
The percussion guys shooting preparing for the match faired much better than I, but for the first time with an in-line I'm OK with 4 of 10 starting out..
31 shooters will be shooting starting tomorrow for the 2-day match; 200, 300, 600 & 1000. Weather will certainly be much cooler the next two days - who knows about the wind. I'll post info about the match results on Sunday.

Attachments

• Knight at 1000 .jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 592
Thanks for posting info on your time there Richard. This is a part of the sport of muzzleloading that we need to hear about and realize that it is active. I appreciate you being a part of this and sharing it with the forum!

Sounds like a good time. What kind of event is being held next few days?

52Bore said:
While setting up today for the 2-day LRML match starting tomorrow, a few wanted to practice so I took the opportunity to try my Knight 45 1:20 at 1000 yards.
With my scope setup I wasn't sure I could get there, but did barely. Took 137min from 50.
85gr Swiss 2F, 530gr GG
Took 3 shots to hit paper, then shot 10 shots and hit the black 4x. All misses were left/right of target as my pit man kept telling me I was just off the edge. He could see the impacts on the hill side from the pit and said my elevation was good. The wind was driving all of us crazy today (it was 75 degrees ahead of the cold front) as it was changing from near 5mph to 25mph in an instant all afternoon.
The percussion guys shooting preparing for the match faired much better than I, but for the first time with an in-line I'm OK with 4 of 10 starting out..
31 shooters will be shooting starting tomorrow for the 2-day match; 200, 300, 600 & 1000. Weather will certainly be much cooler the next two days - who knows about the wind. I'll post info about the match results on Sunday.
Very Cool. Hope the wind does better, but overall just have Fun!

It means 137 minutes of elevation from his 50 yard setting. At a 1000 yards 1 minute is 10 inches ...........

Back