Range day and a pig

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Finally a good range day, 46° and only 5 to 10mph winds, ESE.

Again shooting only using a front rest and the shoulder. No rear rest of any kind. Also, the very first time shooting off the Caldwell Stable Table portable bench. I found that it works great after I modified it for resting my right elbow.

I sent the first round as a fouler, which actually surprised me that it hit as high as it did. Normally a fouling shot isn't required from this rife (my first) but, this may be a lesson learned too. I had planned on shooting 10 rounds and see how it would score and did so after the fouler. I'm starting to get a better grasp on the shoulder anchor for target. 200yds............

It had been suggested that I actually shoot at a pig like would be shot in the match. The suggestion was to visualize what I'd actually be shooting at. I was sent a traced outline and made my own from cardboard to shoot at. The first 3 rounds went high, another anchor point I suspect. However I believe I killed the pig. 300yds.........

Very impressive shooting! What rifle powder and load were you shooting?

Looks like you're ready!
All you have to do it hit/knock the pig off the rail.. no doubt all of those would do it.

I've been casting and getting my stuff together today. Let's hope the weather cooperates next weekend.

:applause: :applause:
Good shooting....... GOOD LUCK :!: :!:

RAY............. :yeah:

Back