300 and 400 with SST's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/VSckdV0v3PY

I had so much trouble trying to do a video I finally gave up but I got this much done. If you watch at about the 21 second mark or so you can see the puff of smoke . Once I figure out how to do this video stuff I will do better. Basics
100gr blackhorn
200 gr SST
federal primer
this video was only 300 yards .
I'm shooting off the hood as usual. The truck is the dark object near the only two trees for miles.

Do you know your MV?
You certainly got a good video shot.
Not sure of the plate thickness or weight, but the impact didn't seem as if it would knock the 300M pig off the rail.
Thanks for the video.

Maybe it would knock a pig down as I watched again and it seems as if you hit high center left, the way the gong torqued.
Cool video.

52Bore said:
Do you know your MV?
Not sure of the plate thickness or weight, but the impact didn't seem as if it would knock the 300M pig off the rail.
Thanks for the video.
Gong is 1/2 inch steel Mv is 2000 velocity at gong should be 1350 and energy of a little over 800.
I couldnt figure the camera out to post thevideo i usually use my iphone and i think i will use itnext time rather than mess around forever with that little samsung camera . It was to frustrating

To post a Youtube video here and not just a link, take this part.... VSckdV0v3PY

And use the Youtube button just like you do with Img for pictures.

[youtube]VSckdV0v3PY[/youtube]

GM54-120 said:
To post a Youtube video here and not just a link, take this part.... VSckdV0v3PY

And use the Youtube button just like you do with Img for pictures.

[youtube]VSckdV0v3PY[/youtube]

thanks . The computer stuff is usually what I have a hard time with :mrgreen:

1874sharpsshooter said:
52Bore said:
Do you know your MV?
Thanks for the video.
Gong is 1/2 inch steel Mv is 2000 velocity at gong should be 1350 and energy of a little over 800.
I couldnt figure the camera out to post thevideo i usually use my iphone and i think i will use itnext time rather than mess around forever with that little samsung camera . It was to frustrating

The 200gr SST has a BC of .210 and if you're shooting that at a muzzle velocity of 2,000fps, then there may be a difference in numbers.

All the ballistics numbers I can run, indicate that at 300yds......... (STRELOK)

Velocity.......... 1160
FPE - Energy....... 598

ENCORE50A said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
52Bore said:
Do you know your MV?
Thanks for the video.

The 200gr SST has a BC of .210 and if you're shooting that at a muzzle velocity of 2,000fps, then there may be a difference in numbers.

All the ballistics numbers I can run, indicate that at 300yds......... (STRELOK)

Velocity.......... 1160
FPE - Energy....... 598
I didn't run it through strelok. I use 4 different APPS but since I was shooting the Nikon monarch scope I used the Nikon spotOn APP.

It gives a BC of .265 ( screenshot of the APP

velocity of 1353 and energy of 812 at 300 yards

That's all I know. I do know the POI was only a little off at 300 but 6 inches off at 400 compared to what the APP said it should be. But then again maybe it was my shooting that was off :mrgreen:

I wish I had a place that I could shoot 300 yds. Even 200 would be nice. We used to shoot at a gong similar to that but at 50 yd. standing and with slug guns and see how many times you could hit it out of 5. Loser had to buy the beer. Nice shooting

Latest posts

Back