200, 300, 600 & 1000 Oak Ridge TN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
The Oak Ridge Sportsman Association (ORSA) has approved to host their 30th Long Range Muzzleloading Match, a 2 day event on March 24 & 25, 2017 (Friday-Saturday). Targets are typical NRA HP targets.
This is a traditional (percussion) ML match that aligns with the NMLRA & MLAIC.
Nearly every original match rifles such as Whitworth, Rigby, Henry, Kerr, Turner, Gibbs, and more lesser named makers have been active participants. Pedersoli Gibbs is the most popular current rifle in production for this match.
Shooters shooting 2 and 3 band Whitworths and Volunteer rifles have also been participants.

Copy and paste this part from your link

N327UhNah_s
MvpYxh-qe9Q

Highlight it with the mouse and press the Youtube button above.

Then you get this
[youtube]MvpYxh-qe9Q[/youtube]

[youtube]N327UhNah_s[/youtube]

Here is a photo I took when I had to run up to the clubhouse, I was standing on the 1000 yard line and the group was shooting at 600.
We pair fire: 4 man squads; 2 shooters, 1 scorer, 1 pit. Rotate shooters, so we have 2 relays at each distance.
There is ample time to shoot 10 shots for score, it's designed to allow the new comer to have time.
There were 3 past world champions in attendance, another current world record holder at 900, numerous national champions and record holders - so there is a lot of knowledge.

Attachments

• IMG_6574.JPG
    IMG_6574.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 219
Lot to learn here for me ,hope to get some of that skilled knowledge. Newcomers are important to keep them coming back. I used to shoot a lot of archery competition way back when we shot long stick bows ,and if we didn't help the new man or woman out to improve their shooting they didn't last long.thanks for the pics I'll take all you can pass on.

Back