Long range target creedmoor shight.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat2

Reaction score
Could some of you competitive shooters help me out to a good shight to but on a Rigby I am building . Might shoot some matches if I can shoot it well.Plus some cast bullets to try. This is a 450/458 greenmountain match barrel dick is putting together for me to finish from Pecatonica river. Also a mould brand and #. Thanks.

Can't help with sights but accurate molds 45-510 might be a good option to cast your own, or buy bullets from Ed here. FYI Ed casts the nicest bullets I've shot.

you can't use a 458 bullet won't fit bore. You will need a 520 grn bullet or heaver 530 is better. Grease Groove or Paper Patch. .451 or .450 in GG, .442 in Paper Patch. MVA makes good front and rear sights, Baldwin is another. Kelly is real good one. Lyman makes goos front Globe sight . One with level Bubble is better. Buffalo Arms web sight has all of these for sale. Sorry bullet weight 510 isn't heavy enough for 1000 yd. March 24 , 25 1000 yd. match at Oak Ridge , Tenn. Contact 52 bore

Thanks 45cal.I was hoping you would chime in. I know I won't have the gun built by the shoot, but would be a great opportunity as a learnings spectator . Real jammed up laying hardwood floor and all the trim from trees I cut off my property, although I am retired I work slow and maticulas. I will go that sight and check the sights out. Stand by for more questions. I am lucky though 6 miles from the the house there is a nice place I can shoot 1000yards .

Witch one is ED? Could not get on the Buffalo arms site for some reason.

This build I am doing is to come with steel nipple, will I need a platinum one for the pressure? I thought I read that on one post.

Back