1000 yrd match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat2

Reaction score
Did anyone here or go to the 1000yd shoot in Tennessee? Still working on my build,witch will be a alexlander henry now.

yes I did. If you ever want to shoot a 1000 yd. match , this is the one. Just plain old Muzzle Loading

Good for you 45cal. Just how is the shoot? How many at what yardage. Would like to shoot or at least watch it next year.

The shoot at Oak Ridge is pretty relaxed. You have unlimited sighters , 10 shots for score at each yardage. There are two videos posted of people shooting in match. One at 300 and 0ne at 600. Shoot lasts 2 days. You shoot 2 different yardages each day. We usually have a meal on first day after the matches.
I haven't been to a match yet that wasn't won or lost on 1000 yd. line. Which this year was no different for me. was in line for win and shot 3 misses. Most of shooters stay at same Motel which gives time for comradeship and showing of rifles and discussing different tips Ect. You might PM 52 Bore , for more details, he runs the Match and ask to be on email list. I have been attending since 2001. The Matches used to be twice a year but only in spring now You would be able to see many good shooters.

Back