29 days......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
29 days left until the first match and still can't get on the club's range road for any practice beyond 100yds. In past springs and when using the CDS turret, at least longer range settings were handled by the turret, so even the slightest 100yd practice helped. Not so this year with a new scope that has to have a range card developed. I may be forced to leave a day earlier just to set my scope for range.

With many shooting clubs struggling with memberships and income, then add that all work is done by volunteers, I guess upgrades to roads or facilities is tough for them. When things dry out later in the spring, I'll load the JD Gator up and head to the 600yd range and help clean up. Even the wife, who could care less about shooting, offers to help with spring cleanup. Bless her heart! The range is open on weekends to the public for a small fee, but a little frustrating that more members leave trash on the range than guests. Really frustrating when water bottles, pop cans and cigarette butts are laying around, when there's 3 trash cans there, let alone having to tear someone else's used targets down.

If you shoot at a club's range, rather as a member or guest, volunteer to help, even if its only once a year.

Encore: All will work out. I recall when Gordy from Knight showed up at the in-line match the day before with a newly added scope. He got sighted in, shot a few rounds with a new load - then finished 2nd the next day. Don't sweat it..
My local club is at an all time high in membership, I think they started in the 40's or 50's after the Manhattan project -ha. So many members (2800+), they increased membership dues in hopes of curtailing the increase.
Are you referring to white trash? We have our share around, but it does not seem to be an issue at the shooting range - there are many trash cans and it seems most all must clean up after themselves.

52Bore said:
Encore: All will work out. I recall when Gordy from Knight showed up at the in-line match the day before with a newly added scope. He got sighted in, shot a few rounds with a new load - then finished 2nd the next day. Don't sweat it..
My local club is at an all time high in membership, I think they started in the 40's or 50's after the Manhattan project -ha. So many members (2800+), they increased membership in hopes of curtailing the increase.
Are you referring to white trash? We have our share around, but it does not seem to be an issue at the shooting range - there are many trash cans and it seems most all must clean up after themselves.

I may have to come a day early the same as Gordy did. Would sure like to get on my local range first though.
Yup on the trash. I think that a lot of the problem is, the 600yd range is so far away from everything else, some just figure "out of sight, out of mind". Actually the worse of them all, believe it or not, is law enforcement. I guess they pay enough that they figure everyone else should clean up after them. Doesn't matter, the wife and I will clean it up once a year.

Back