Decent, maybe....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and even though I had to walk, was able to make my first trip to shoot on the club's range. I was trying to shoot accurately, but more wanted to identify my scope settings for distance. This was my first time to shoot beyond 100yds, actually since Friendship last May (2016).
For some unknown reason, beyond being rusty, I always start early every year struggling with 200yds and less. I used a large piece of cardboard and stapled the target to it. However really never needed the cardboard at all.

I'm shooting 150grs of T7 pellets, 3-50/50's.

The rifle was zeroed here at home for 100 and I used the setting for 200 from Strelok. A couple clicks and I settled at 4.75moa for 200yds. Through some cyphering, I figured I'd need 11moa for 300yds. After resting after the walk to change targets, I sent the first round. The second the trigger broke I knew it would be off. We all know that feeling. Certainly after that round I wasn't going to touch the turret. I sent 2 more rounds and called it quits. It appears 11moa at 300yds will work.

On a side note........ Walking is difficult. Our mother passed last month and when helping to clean up the estate, I tore something pretty bad in my right knee. I've been relaxing it as much as possible, wrapping it and using hot & cold. I thought..... it was getting better. However all the walking made me realize something's still not right :wall: Not to go into too much depth, but since my old premium insurance went to pot with OC, and now on Medicare, all doc visits are expensive. I'll attempt to let it rest, but exercise it too......

Condolences on your mama. Nice shootin, yea medicare bites I only go to the doc when they force me. But don't be pig headed and mess yourself up worse.

One can't be sad about that group. It should encourage you to get out more..
Sorry about your mother.

52Bore said:
One can't be sad about that group. It should encourage you to get out more..
Sorry about your mother.

Thanks.

It appears it might be awhile before I will be shooting again. Can't take the walk and now have to have the knee scoped. Will be missing the M5 and IH matches this spring. Hoping to get this knee issue resolved quickly.

Bummer for sure... let's hope all turns out OK.
Send your rifle down to Friendship with all the ammo, powder, etc.. Someone will be sure to shoot it for you! If not, Bob will certainly try it soon after the match...

Sorry to read about your mother.

RE the knee hope it's not too bad. I had mine scoped to repair old MCL and PCL issues. That was easy, I ended up needing microfracture and the recovery while being pretty easy is very limiting on my activity.

The shooting needs no comments it good stuff.

Sorry about your Mom . I lost my Father 6 months ago . Still struggling with the loss .On a brighter note looks like you have your distance figured out !

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Sorry about your Mom . I lost my Father 6 months ago . Still struggling with the loss .On a brighter note looks like you have your distance figured out !

Thanks Doug. As you already know, I won't be attending either of the shoots this weekend because of this knee. To complicate matters, after Saturday's nose bleeding ER visit because of the anti-inflammatory, I'm no longer taking anything for it, making it worse. I see the Orthopedic doc on the 9th and hopefully he'll find the problem and patch things up.
If you go to the matches, wishing you the best of luck!

Latest posts

Back