Match in Tenn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oak Ridge.
Used to be 2x/year, now only 1x. Just completed the 30th match over 20 years. Distances 200, 300, 600 & 1000 based off the International matches of the late 1800's using traditional percussion match rifles. Consistently have around 30 shooters each match.

Im gonna have a long range traditional rifle . Im looking forward to playing with black and heavy lead . I really want to try to shoot 1000 yards with traditional equipment. I have wanted to play with heavy lead and Swiss in my inlines . I just dont have enough time with work getting in the way . Here latley i have been working on loads for the Kentucky Challenge shooting smokless powder in my inline. I have never really shot smokless powder ,not a lot of difference other than not having to clean between shots . I want to see if one of us Friendship shooters can compete against the smokless crowd . With smokless powder of course . Although if there is / was enough intrest with Black powder or black powder subs Jeff Hankins would make a class . If anyone has intrest send me a pm . It is a very good time LOTS of good food and fellowship . Oh ya and they do a little shooting !

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Im gonna have a long range traditional rifle . Im looking forward to playing with black and heavy lead . I really want to try to shoot 1000 yards with traditional equipment. I have wanted to play with heavy lead and Swiss in my inlines . I just dont have enough time with work getting in the way . Here latley i have been working on loads for the Kentucky Challenge [b]shooting smokless powder in my inline[/b]. I have never really shot smokless powder ,not a lot of difference other than not having to clean between shots . I want to see if one of us Friendship shooters can compete against the smokless crowd . With smokless powder of course . Although if there is / was enough intrest with Black powder or black powder subs Jeff Hankins would make a class . If anyone has intrest send me a pm . It is a very good time LOTS of good food and fellowship . Oh ya and they do a little shooting !

Doug, just so someone doesn't get confused and tries shooting smokeless through their inline (T/C, CVA, etc.) I believe what you mean is, you've been shooting smokeless through your Hankins custom SML. Correct?

Correct thank you my bad . Yes a Hankins Custom built for smokless and Black or subs . I apologize and thank you

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Correct thank you my bad . Yes a Hankins Custom built for smokless and Black or subs . I apologize and thank you

LOL............ You're very welcome! Go show'em how its done!

halloflin said:
When is the next scheduled match (2018)?
The next Match should be sometime in March 2018. Shot all but two Matches since 2001. I can't say enough about the Match. It i very well run.

halloflin said:
When is the next scheduled match (2018)?
The last weekend in March - in 2018 there are 5 weekends, so it will either be the 4th or 5th. I will not know until the 2018 schedule is finalized - usually in December.

Bought a Gibbs over the weekend . Now a new rifle to spend time and money on ! I really want to try to shoot 1000 yards with a muzzleloader . Lol sick addiction !

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Bought a Gibbs over the weekend . Now a new rifle to spend time and money on ! I really want to try to shoot 1000 yards with a muzzleloader . Lol sick addiction !

You've done it now!
That gun has proven to be the best shooting LR ML reproduction ever built.

Back