Planted the seed.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
There's many more out there than most know about, UF and RUM shooters. Heck, even more than I was aware of because most just never post or get involved in internet forums. However they are out there and online. So...I planted a seed for the possibility of a "specialty shoot" for UF or RUM rifles only. No conversions to .45cal.
Location, location, location.... goodness, people are spread all over the place. One guy and his wife, both shooters, in Iowa are ready to hook to their travel trailer now. LOL A guy from Utah wants to shoot and says just name the date and place. One western shooter has offered a range where steel can be shot to a mile :huh?:

I guess all a person can do is plant the seed and let others roll the idea around. Finding a location with a range to 500yds, the best date, getting shooters there, plus accommodations, all possibilities, but work. Plant the seed and see what happens....

Suggestion

Rem Class.....no modifications...RUM only

UF Class....All UFs with no modifications and RUM may have aftermarket 50cal barrels as the only upgrade. Barrel must have OEM contour, length and OEM breach plug.

GM54-120 said:
Suggestion

Rem Class.....no modifications...RUM only

UF Class....All UFs with no modifications and RUM may have aftermarket 50cal barrels as the only upgrade. Barrel must have OEM contour, length and OEM breach plug.

If it was to ever happen, I would hope that it was just a "gathering" of shooters with both rifles.
If the group decided to separate RUM from UF when shooting, that's an excellent idea too.

As long as the rifles all have a .50cal barrel, and I definitely agree with all rifles having the OEM breech plug, there's not much else that can be modified, short of a trigger change, which many are doing as they dislike the XMark Pro, or the addition of a brake on the RUM. I'm betting Timney sales increased with the release of the RUM :wink:

However it goes i think having a UF/RUM 50cal only shoot is a good idea. I would imagine some lead conical shooters might show up also.

45cal said:
ENCORE50A said:
Dougs136Schwartz said:
That's gonna be a very small party .

Yup, but some of the best parties I've been to have been small.
All you got to do now is invite the shooters. Should be a good party

There's 87 of them that could possibly participate, most likely few will. Trying to accommodate is always an issue for the highest percentage, especially over distance. They're spread out from CA, NV, FL, VA, WI, KY and UT with many more in the central Midwest states. There's a range in Illinois that goes to 600yds I've initiated contact with. Have to start somewhere sometime......

Latest posts

Back