White ultra mag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Just picked up a ultra mag mint condition sportsmens warehouse edition except it has laminate stock waiting on doc to find out if could be original or replacement stock. Probably will install a thumbhole anyway. It also came with 4 or 5 209 action bolts so I have some for sale I'll put up on the classified section. My internet down I'll post pics when able.

Re: RE: Re: White ultra mag

flounder said:
Nice Find!
Sure was I was after this one for three years eveytime I swear I'm never buying another one bam well you know !
bf02d7a2958f1ab3af3915edd858e8fe.jpg
8428e96c38268fb02e43cb63a85ed882.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

toytruck said:
That's a pretty one for sure!! Congrats!!
Yeah thanks headed to the range on Monday it's not bedded or barrel floated but I want a baseline I guess if it shoots as is I'll leave it if not it will get full overhaul. The scope came with it but that will change to a Leupold soon !

edmehlig said:
Damn how I wish I had the one I sold back. Sigh
Ed, I think good thoughts about you whenever I shoot it, touch it and look at it. Feel better now? :)

edmehlig said:
Damn how I wish I had the one I sold back. Sigh
Make me a offer I can't refuse !

Sweet!
I don't know where you guys find these like new White muzzleloader, I don't think they ever show up where I am :(

Good for you! Finding a U-Mag is like finding a pot of gold!
Mine shoots the best with- BS 460 .5045 with a Track of wolf fiber card, 80gr T-7ff, I use CCI mag #11 caps. these guns will shoot incredible groups.

A rare find, indeed! My M97's shoot great with the shorter tubes- I can imagine what a few extra inches of barrel will do for accuracy, especially at longer ranges. Let us know...

redpep said:
Good for you! Finding a U-Mag is like finding a pot of gold!
Mine shoots the best with- BS 460 .5045 with a Track of wolf fiber card, 80gr T-7ff, I use CCI mag #11 caps. these guns will shoot incredible groups.
Yeah good find almost didn't get it been asking this guy for three years he said he'd call me but couldn't find my number and then last week at my shooting range they were having a swap meet and I almost didn't go but it was so windy I didn't shoot the match and wouldn't you know it he had a table there and after two days no one bought the gun so I whipped out my wallet pretty darn fast!

nocomike said:
A rare find, indeed! My M97's shoot great with the shorter tubes- I can imagine what a few extra inches of barrel will do for accuracy, especially at longer ranges. Let us know...
Just shot it at the range I didn't do any work on gun I just wanted to shoot it stock brand new. The trigger pretty bad lots of creep and barrel not floated I will post pics in a little while. Anyway got her home and did the trigger job but will work on stock when I start feeling better from the flu. I really had planned on selling it but not sure I can ? I will probably order up a thumbhole stock for it.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White ultra mag

muzzlestuffer said:
nocomike said:
Just shot it at the range I didn't do any work on gun I just wanted to shoot it stock brand new. The trigger pretty bad lots of creep and barrel not floated I will post pics in a little while. Anyway got her home and did the trigger job but will work on stock when I start feeling better from the flu. I really had planned on selling it but not sure I can ? I will probably order up a thumbhole stock for it.

Here's my target pretty windy here today 15-25 mph winds but a good start I had to force myself to go as I have the flu but wanted to just try it real quick !

Attachments

• 20180219_105304.jpg
    20180219_105304.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 20180219_105259.jpg
    20180219_105259.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 20180219_111908.jpg
    20180219_111908.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 223
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White ultra mag

muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
nocomike said:

Here's my target pretty windy here today 15-25 mph winds but a good start I had to force myself to go as I have the flu but wanted to just try it real quick !

Well the trigger is done and I glass bedded it today the front recoil lug area just needed a little bedding on the back side but the rear round lug was out in the middle of nowhere land so that got a bit more. the action bottom touching stock about 95 % so good there. I put a wrap of 10mil tape in between the stock and the barrel at the front tip to help float barrel but will still have to take it down a tad I'll find out tomorrow. I'll shoot it again then compare to prior doing these steps.

shguns said:
Sweet!
I don't know where you guys find these like new White muzzleloader, I don't think they ever show up where I am :(

I live right beside ya, I have never seen or heard of White Muzzleloader anywhere around here? A Friend/forum member here lives on the Wa Coast and he has 1, I don’t think they were real popular here in Northern Idaho? I keep thinking i will run in to a nice Old Stainless MK-85 Knight, But i haven’t seen one in 3 years of Pawn Shopping, news papers, and asking folks around here. The Old TC Sidelocks are quite common in these parts, see lots of them

Back