MTI White 97 Whitetail hunter PICTURES ADDED

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a White 97 for 150.00 off a guy online and he says its in very good condition and not rusted up.. going to give me a couple packs of the White 440 gr. conicals to go with it plus the White scope rings and gun case.
Whats the difference between the MTI Whites and the regular White rifles..
Im supposed to go pick up the gun tomorrow or Wed depending on when we can get together..

Re: MTI White 97 Whitetail hunter

dbowling said:
I just bought a White 97 for 150.00 off a guy online and he says its in very good condition and not rusted up.. going to give me a couple packs of the White 440 gr. conicals to go with it plus the White scope rings and gun case.
Whats the difference between the MTI Whites and the regular White rifles..
Im supposed to go pick up the gun tomorrow or Wed depending on when we can get together..
Not much difference really . The company went through several names as far as corporation name . MTI I think was around 1998 or 1999. That is one heck of a deal you got there . Nice find for sure

MTI brand was started up in 1997 after one of the reorganizations. They dropped that name I think the following model year for the White Rifles brand name Mfg by Muzzleloading Technologies, Inc.

They are the ones who started the M-97 and M-98.

What caliber did you get? Hope it wasn't their 504 cal Magnum!!! LOL

Seriously no matter what caliber you got one heck of a deal and I'm sure it's going to be a shooter.

dbowling, I hope your rifle turns out to be a clean one. The MTI M97 and the White Rifles M97 are the same rifle. I have an example of both, and they are identical except for the laser etching. One says; Muzzleloading Technologies, Inc. Model 97 Whitetail Hunter/ Mfg by Muzzleloading Design & Mfg. USA, and the other says; White Rifles Model 97 Whitail Hunter/ Mfg by Split Fire Sporting Goods LLC. There's about 1300 serial numbers between my rifles. I just bought the MTI version my self. I paid a little more, but the rifle was only fired twice. I cant tell if it has been fired at all.

Re: MTI White 97 Whitetail hunter pics added

Just went a picked up the rifle at 1st I thought the barrel was pitted but after getting it home and running some kroil thru the barrel it doesn't seem to be.. must of been some kind of dirt or something, he said he hadn't hunted with it in 2 yrs and I believe him gun had dead spiders inside the stock and all the dirt around the trigger from hunting. Stock still had mud on the bottom of it where he hunted with it last, he said he took pretty good care of it.. his idea of pretty good care is a whole lot different then mine but it looks like once I get it cleaned up its going to be a nice gun, it has a few little rust spots on bottom of barrel inside stock but other then that its in good shape..
If I get a chance going to try to kill a doe with it later this week, big cold front coming in.. oh yeah also got 2 full packs of the 440 gr. .503 Power punch conicals and a Bushnell Sportview 1.5x4.5 scope, case and Whites quick disconnect scope rings so feel did really good for 150.00.. Will post pics after its all cleaned up.It is the Mod 97 .504 Whitetail Hunter.

Got gun clean enough to take pics of it, after hunting season will really clean it up good..

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 953
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 922
thanks Ed will look into getting some in .504.. does No Excuse have conicals in .504, anyone know where I could get this size other then Bullshop not sure if hes taking orders need to e-mail Tina?
thanks toytruck, I actually tried to talk him down when I thought barrel was pitted but he wouldn't come down so I paid his asking price glad I did now.. I hope the power punches shoot good enough to kill a deer at 50-60 yds, wanting to get another big doe to make summer sausage and would like to do it with this gun.
I was actually hoping this was a .451 as I have a ton of .45 conicals.

I would email NoExcuses and ask them if they can. If you cast your own you could order a custom sizing die for $38. But first find out what your rifle likes them size at. I know Bull Shop can send you them sized for 504 & 504.5.

I agree I have some .45 Bullshop conicals and I like them better then my .54 no excuses or at least the lube used..
Wish you poured .50 cal conicals..

I use 504.5 as the the504 can fall out of your barrel, A very nice Bull Elk lived to see another day as the bullet was laying by my feet

Latest posts

Back