.451 Super91 question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
If I bought one could I shoot saboted bullets accurately? I have no desire to shoot conicals and I know that's what they were made for. That's why I'm asking the questions!!

I know Sabotloader has had great success shooting them with I believe his M97. I'm sure he'll chime in shortly as to what bullets etc.

Tom.....if you have no desire to shoot conicals out of a White rifle, knowing that they were designed to do so....why even ask.

You've been around long enough to know the answer to your question.

Batchief909 said:
Tom.....if you have no desire to shoot conicals out of a White rifle, knowing that they were designed to do so....why even ask.

You've been around long enough to know the answer to your question.

A friend of mine wants a Super91 and would prefer to use sabots. It would be his only ML and i was gonna buy him one cause of some things he has done for me. I tried getting him to use a Knight but he just doesnt like them. Just a simple question looking for a simple answer. I'll contact sabotloader and see what he thinks.

Batchief, Everybody told me Knight 45 1/20 twist ML'S couldnt shoot saboted bullets with old formula sabots. Well i went out and played around and got them to shoot just as good with old formulation as i did new. You sorta answered my question but didnt. Ill take my chances, and i believe ill get it to work for him. Thanks

White used the Warne steel two piece bases with Warne QD rings. The Warne bases are getting hard to find. I just bought 2 sets from Steve Brown at White Rifles. I have Warne hardware on all my Whites. There are other bases that will fit, I'm sure somebody else knows what else will fit.

I searched here and came up with Front M846M Rear M892M but now cant find anyone with them. Salespeople all get clueless when its not a rifle from the list, Warne don't sell direct. Apparently is some special order stuff.. I sent a mail to Doc

Let me check my stash.....I may have what you need, or I may not. I'll get back with ya....

Squeeze said:
I searched here and came up with Front M846M Rear M892M but now cant find anyone with them. Salespeople all get clueless when its not a rifle from the list, Warne don't sell direct. Apparently is some special order stuff.. I sent a mail to Doc
I think Steve Brown at White Rifles still has some stainless bases. As for Warne, I got the last set they had about a year ago. They said they weren't going to make any more.

Will bases from a Bison work on a 91? I know I have bases off my Bison somewhere I'd give you IF I can find them

Latest posts

Back