1st blood for Mod 97

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well as least 1st blood for me, guy I bought it from said he had killed a ton of deer with it..button buck who I mistook for a doe in my rush to shoot him before he walked behind some brush..normally give them a pass to grow up but just bad luck on his part:)
Shot was about 25 yds thru some brush downhill, hit thru top of lungs and clipped spine dropped him right there and he never even kicked... 460 gr. Bull Shop w/70 gr. 777 2F.

1zwn246.jpg

Congrats on making meat!! Now your hooked for life with your White! I also hate it when I shoot a button buck or fawn buck (DGIF calls them). I haven't shot one in couple years, hope not this season as well.

button bucks are good eating. Nice and tender. Congratulations on your hunt.

Sometimes you just don't have time to check. I'm sure he will eat just fine. We have to be careful where we hunt in Michigan's Thumb. For some reason we get a lot of early shedding of antlers. First weekend of ML season I jumped a deer, it ran about 15 yards stopped and looked at me. and lo and behold , two bloody holes on its head. If I had been meat hunting there would have been one less buck.

Back