Heretic amoungst the DWBs = sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfer

Reaction score
OK, Have the Bison ready to shoot. Have some 480 grain power punch and some 405 grain black belt HP in .503. I am so done with heavy bullets and light guns any suggestions? I'm thinking some 300 to 350 bullets in .458 dia in sabots. Any of you have any "real world" experience with such?? Is there any replacement for the "as I remember" power star sabot/bullet combos?? Or i'll just have to check the diameter stickey and see what might fit. Thanks to all who post even if it's kinda outdated and old like many of the DWBs. W

I have shot a lot of sabots and regular bullets out of my Whites. I just use a .452 sabot and my rifle likes the 300 grain XTPs. But the rifle will shoot about any sabot/bullet combination you want to load it with.

I shot a few of the power star sabots in the .451 Super 91 when I first got it. I don't remember how I got them, but I found they were not as accurate for me as a conical. I still have a variety pack from Bob Bowers and Hunter280man to play with at the range, but so far the Bullshop conicals in .480-.488gr. are my deer killers in conicals. The .504 has not seen a sabot!! It's good to know the .452 300gr XTP's will shoot good tho....in case I run out of conicals,,,NOT likely!! 8)

Who you calling old?? :huh?: :poke:

Latest posts

Back