410 s91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmfdred56

Reaction score
Just finished fixing the trigger and installing the sights on my new 410! Hopefully have a range report on Sunday but until then does anyone have any pet loads I could try? I have 410 grain no excuses pyrodex p, rs, and select as well as a bunch of t7 ff.

420 cast bullet T7 fff 70grs works for mine but i would start at 60 and shoot some groups in 5gr increments till they start to open up {atleast 5 shots 10 is better for avg after all it's a 410 :yeah: } :D when you find the tightest group your done then that white will stackum up :D

We only have to be 40cal plus for deer antelope and bears here I plan to hunt all 3 and a lion with it this year I set it up with a lyman 57 rear and lyman 17 front haven't decided what insert to use in the front yet either. Thanks for the tips on yalls loads.

Fmfdred56 said:
We only have to be 40cal plus for deer antelope and bears here I plan to hunt all 3 and a lion with it this year I set it up with a lyman 57 rear and lyman 17 front haven't decided what insert to use in the front yet either. Thanks for the tips on yalls loads.

can't use a scope??i have old eyes

mount one for testing loads then take it off after you find it

I haven't racing season happened hoping for a rain out sunday so I can take her out.

I would use a green fiber front sight. Almost bought a 410 from Doc on the last DWB hunt in Michigan. But I found out I couldn't use it in our ML season. Man that thing was sweet looking.

edmehlig said:
I would use a green fiber front sight. Almost bought a 410 from Doc on the last DWB hunt in Michigan. But I found out I couldn't use it in our ML season. Man that thing was sweet looking.
As of last ML season, I could no longer find a caliber restriction in the Michigan rule book. In the past it was always .45. The only stipulation I see now is you must use BP, or BP subs. No smokeless. The ML rules are on pages 20, and 21 in the hunting and trapping guide. If you know where it is located in the rule book , give me a shout.

Just got word that tomorrow's race has been canceled for rain and snow so I should be able to take it and the new ar out to the range for some practice!

Pretty poor day for shooting due to wind but gun seems to like 75g with the 410 no excuses the best so far about 2.5 in groups with 30-35mph winds

Latest posts

Back