White javelina

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Anybody have one ? I have the very first one built it's a .451 exp 001 in which I nearly lost to a A-HOLE gunsmith. Anyway I have doc installing a action lug and I'm stripping down the stock and reshaping in a couple areas. I had to open up the area behind the trigger area so my hand fit in there without being pinched and I installed a action screw ferrul so I had to move back the wood in front of trigger guard as well. Having hard time uploading photos will possibly asap

I was holding out for a javelina in .451, but gave up especially after I bought a CVA Optima V2 pistol used for $150 in great shape. I have never killed a deer with a handgun to date, but that may change if I get a chance with the CVA.

If you are using photo bucket pics are easy to load on here, believe me I was challenged when it came to pics. Hope you figure it out when you get it back from Doc!

I'll ask doc but I don't think there are many ! He said the first production run of 50 were all .504 . In a way I'm hoping only a few for the value of mine especially since it's the first and it's a .451 !

Nice is the handle part wood or metal handle being that bottom piece. I'm having a hard time uploading photos even after resizing!

Sweet!! What was the reasoning for the attached forearm to grip? Doc ever say? Don't know that I like that, but probably more stability so the hand grip won't break? just guessing...but if the stock is composite it shouldn't matter, maybe?

The javelina is designed on a push pull type design so that part ties the whole thing together it's very comfortable to shoot. It is made of rock maple. Just waiting to get action back from doc so I can finish bedding action and getting this finished up.

muzzlestuffer said:
Nice is the handle part wood or metal handle being that bottom piece. I'm having a hard time uploading photos even after resizing!

The .451 has the Metal bottom.

Yeah all the ones I've seen are metal I think this is the only all wood stock ?

whitetail said:
muzzlestuffer said:

What does the barrel say and serial # if you don't mind ??

muzzlestuffer said:
whitetail said:
muzzlestuffer said:

What does the barrel say and serial # if you don't mind ??

White Shooting Systems G Series Javelina .451 caliber Serial J XX9

Thanks for the explanation! I really needed the answer to this query! Will be submitting my next question somewhere here!

Here is finished javelina I bedded the entire stock with floated barrel with reinforced front of stock with a glass bed bridge to stiffen up the stock. Reshaped slightly the stock so my hand would fit otherwise is was very pinched and uncomfortable to shoot. Reshaped the opening at the safety to the more appealing angled opening and inserted red and green to show safe and fire mode. Of course complete action polish and trigger job. Not crazy about the paint but I'm going to leave it unless it really starts to hug me down the road. I can't upload photos no matter what I try !

Back