If you could own one White...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it out thinking about using it for the Refuge hunt next month but ended up getting an Omega and a Knight Disc 1:20 ready instead . So it's still a safe queen right now but I plan on using it someday :)

I cant say I have just one that is lights out better than another. I suppose my blued .410 S91 or maybe one of the Super Safaris, in .451 maybe one of the .504's the Blacktail shoots good,

With well into a couple decades count or more of whites in the safes its hard to choose just one!

Was reading the comments don't know what a whites ml is or who makes them,and whats so great about them?

Thank you now i know what a whites ml is way out of my price range tho.

You can find used ones for 300 or so,some have even landed them cheaper than that .

There are two new listings for a .451 Super 91 and .451 Whitetail now on gunbroker. Those are new prices, but very pristene looking rifles, if interested.

Super 91 is way over priced but to each their own. The Whitetail is what I would think it would go for but not starting at that price?

You would have to want a S91/.451 bad to pay that price. I'm glad I already have S91's in .504, and .451. That price is high, but just think what those rifles would cost if they started building them tomorrow with the same quality.

If White didn't close and Doc was able to start production of the Alpha ML (Ruger 1 style) design, I'm sure they would have gone for the $700 price range.

Any one have an original white gun price list from any year ?

I'm pretty sure my S91-11 I bought new from Doc in 2007 was 500.00, I'd have to look back at my paper work, if not it was 400.00
Steve

edmehlig said:
Super 91 is way over priced but to each their own. The Whitetail is what I would think it would go for but not starting at that price?
I agree but there's a sucker born every minute. I thought the last Super 91 was priced too high on GB as well. It was listed for a while but finally sold to some guy who just had to have one.

I sold a NIB Super91 on this site for $800 last spring and I don't consider the buyer a sucker by any means. In fact I suffered some seller's remource after the sale. You would look long and hard to find another one like it. Every once in a while I come to my senses and realize I can't shoot them all but then I find another one I want and buy it anyway. If you buy quality the pain of paying for it fades in a hurry. If you buy non quality it pains you every time you see it and use it.

Sold my Savage for way more than i paid and the buyer got a good deal if compared to the current market price. The supply of Whites in excellent or better condition is very limited. Its a sellers market.

Dave C said:
edmehlig said:
I agree but there's a sucker born every minute. I thought the last Super 91 was priced too high on GB as well. It was listed for a while but finally sold to some guy who just had to have one.
yep, and i am one of them suckers. I love my Whites and regret when I had to sell some. I paid a lot for many of mine and don't regret it one bit. You get what you pay for and I would rather pay good money for a White than some of the cheaper muzzys that are so popular today.
They are worth it to me , something a non White owner and even a few White owners wouldn't understand but a REAL WHITEBOY does. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Its hard to put a price on some of the Whites. You are gunna pay the asking price or wait hoping you find one cheaper. Well, some of them are not going to get any cheaper and there is a chance you will be paying more later.

Buy once cry once.

I've only owned one - M97 Whitetail hunter. Stole a new one at an auction. I'll never part with it. And if one of my kids ever does I'll haunt them. Forever!

I paid more then I wanted for my thunderbolt, but have only seen once since then and SS got it. I don't mind paying for quality and you get that in a white .

Latest posts

Back