If you could own one White...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave C

Reaction score
What would it be?

Cal?
G-series or W-Series?
Stock?
BBL?
Etc.

Another thunderbolt just like the one I have, twins are just better .
Steve

I only own three but of those three I would never part with my .504 White Ultra Mag with the laminated stock. Don't get me wrong, my Model 97 Whitetail hunter in .451 is a heck of a rifle. But I just like the Ultra Mag and the way it shoots. My Bison is another fine rifle in .504 caliber but I don't trust that Myrtle wood stock, the way I do the laminate on my Ultra Mag and my Whitetail hunter.

Accuracy wise the .451 might have an edge, but I would hate to live on that edge when I compare the Ultra Mag with it. Its funny, some days the Ultra Mag will out shoot the White tail hunter and other days the White tail Hunter will edge out the Ultra Mag. All that really tells me is both rifles are top quality top of the line rifles. But if two had to go ... I know which ones would be on the chopping block.

fishhawk2700 said:
Super 91 in a .451 w/ laminate stock. The one I have is my most accurate White, and fits like a glove.
Took the words right out of my fingers. 8) ..I have killed more deer with mine than any other rifle I own an its gaining ground on the .30-06 Rem. 700.

I have a model 97 in .451 (grandsons) that I will hopefully shoot later this month when the weather breaks, its real nice, but I really favor the Super 91's!

If I could only have one it would be my 540 Bison but I'd sure like it in a lam thumb hole stock

Id stick with my Lightning .504. Light and handy, simple, carries and shoots like a dream

fishhawk2700 said:
Super 91 in a .451 w/ laminate stock. The one I have is my most accurate White, and fits like a glove.
This was kind of what I was thinking as well although some states have restrictions on caliber for elk to larger than .50.
If only I could find one of those .451's. :(

being a SML kinda guy and really shooting shotgun most of time it'd have to be a TOMINATOR! Of course I'd have to have screw in chokes and some upgrades but it'd be sweet piece of muscle to flex.

Yes I still have the Bison and it's a good gun. Keeping it on hand in case I ever get lucky and go west to ML hunt big herbivores.
W

edmehlig said:
Me, I would have to say my .451 M98 with the Super Safari stock.
I can't see myself ever parting with my .451 Super Safari. Second place would be my Ultra Mag.

My White UMag laminate thumbhole, .504 . Consistent repeateable deadnuts accuracy!

Without hesitation, I'd chose another stainless Thunderbolt .451 laminate stock topped with a Leupold VX3 2.5X8 with Warne Maxima QD rings. Shooting 70 grns BH209 with a CCI 209M primer pushing the 350 grn Shooting Star, my Thunderbolt is a tack driver. :D

Sharpshooter you been using that tbolt at all or is it a safe queen now

Back