rebarrel a White

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfer

Reaction score
Found a .504 for a ridiculous low price, black/SS with a Nikon on top. So far no chance to check the bore condition. Has anyone rebarreled a White? Is Doc still able to do a rebarrel. I'm wanting a 45 with a 1/20 or 1/18 twist. Perhaps I'll just get it and see what happens. I'm just about out of the 50 cal business for hunting much anymore. The bison has been good but thinking a 45 be good fun. I'm sure opinions will vary but what you DWBs say? W

Check with Doc, I have no idea if he still does rebarreling or not, probably would be able to recommend someone tho...

Seems to me you wouldn't be able to go from a .504 to a .451 as there isn't enough metal, the other way yes, or you could go with a .540 or maybe a .12 ga. shotgun. Just thinking out loud...

You can double check this with Doc, but I think this is the Howard Kelley that he uses to make his barrels now.
Howard Kelley
Webertown Rifleworks
1098 Webertown Rd.
Lynchburg, Ohio 45142
(937) 364-2086

I have a barrel that Doc sold me. Its a .451 cal. 1/ 20 twist. I was going to use it but changed plans.
Its just a Blank. You would have to have a Gunsmith thread it and install the breech plug. PM me if your interested.

RS

Back