Super 91 trigger replacement?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrbuk

Reaction score
I have been having intermittent failures to fire and need to repair or replace my trigger.

I looked up Bold triggers and It looks like Boyd's stocks sells them?

Midway and Brownell's show discontinued.

Any leads on which model and where to get them would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

i think i read on the old DWB site that a timney mauser 98 would work if you cut the bump off ???

I took a trigger out of my interarms x to get by in one of my s91s so yes a m 98 trigger will work

Thanks is Steve or Doc still selling them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrbuk said:
I have been having intermittent failures to fire and need to repair or replace my trigger.

I looked up Bold triggers and It looks like Boyd's stocks sells them?

Midway and Brownell's show discontinued.

Any leads on which model and where to get them would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
I would try soaking that trigger to see if its not just crud inside that maybe gumming up the insides. What powder did you use? I would try Butches Blackpowder solvent or something like itl. You could also contact Bold an see if they would look at your trigger if the soaking fails. Just a thought...

The DWB's got together several years ago for a group buy after someone contacted Bold and they agreed to make some for us. I paid $50 for my backup trigger back then.

Knight also had a trigger that would work on a White, but I believe those were early Knight triggers, don't remember anything else about them.

Did you try to adjust it?? Clean like Toytruck said, and blow all the gunk out of there. THEN try to adjust it.

I got it cleaned up and may try taking some of the creep out.

I think some small pieces of the cap have gotten back into the trigger

Not yet

I'm going to shoot some distance on Sunday.

Back