White news

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
I hope all is OK with Steve Brown.

Whiterifles.com has apparently shut down. I nor any one else can find owner Steve Brown, last I heard he was breifly home from China. The Whiterifles website is gone from the web. This means the bullets, nipple-breechplugs, 209 conversion kits, etc. are no longer available.
NOW THE GOOD NEWS
Good quality Doc-designed slip fit bullets are available from No Excuses Bullets on the net at excellent prices. The old Super-sabots and bullets that Doc designed are all gone BUT Harvester makes a great ribbed sabot, I like it even better than the one I designed. They make it in both 45 and 50 caliber, both fit White brand rifles just fine. I am in the throes of designing a 40 caliber 360 grain bullet for their 45 caliber sabot and a 45 caliber 430 grain bullet for 50 caliber rifles, (and am negociating with a bullet maker to make and sell them.) I have also found a bullet mold maker who can cut molds for White bullets so you can cast your own. In the meantime, the White brand old stored 360 grain 45 caliber bullets I have for sale (see ‘on sale’ near bottom of page) in a 50 caliber Harvester sabot is a great combination for a 504 caliber rifle. I hope to cut a deal with Harvester so I can have the sabots on hand as well as the bullets. I have also found a CNC shop that can maufacture 209 kits and hope to have them available soon, well- at least sometime. That shop will also make small parts for new Whitetail rifles, including nipple-breechplugs. Watch for more news as it happens.. Good shooting! DOC

edmehlig said:
GREAT NEWS!!!
When I first read this on Doc's website I wondered if Brown was trying to get the Chinese to start building White rifles/products. I certainly hope not!!

Doc, has to be getting up there in age by now at least in his 80's. Hope he has some luck in getting the deals made soon....

This is a 40-265gr (sabot mold) from Accurate molds. Its nearly .9" long. A 360gr would be MASSIVE in the Harvester 45x40sabot. It would be close to 1.2" long and close to a .7" long bearing surface.
40-265S-D.png

I forgot to mention something Del at MMP made some experiential 45x40 sabots that were longer than his tans. The original intention was a sabot to use with longer bullets and hot BH209 or SML loads. They didn't quite handle those kinds of loads but i bet they would handle loads commonly used in Whites.

It might be worth calling him about it?

I think Doc told me he was 82 or 83 last year. My memory sucks so take that for what its worth I know it was 80 something.

toytruck said:
edmehlig said:
GREAT NEWS!!!
When I first read this on Doc's website I wondered if Brown was trying to get the Chinese to start building White rifles/products. I certainly hope not!!

Doc, has to be getting up there in age by now at least in his 80's. Hope he has some luck in getting the deals made soon....

I'd agree 80 something , glad I got extra breech plugs, ram rods etc when I did. Parts could become scarce.

sbuff said:
I'd agree 80 something , glad I got extra breech plugs, ram rods etc when I did. Parts could become scarce.
I'm good for the rest of my ML hunting life an my sons, grandsons should be too if they wish. :yeah:

I'm the same way.....
Just wish I could shoot more during the winter , it's getting cold outside

Doc says he's working on a deal for more breech plugs. Also as far as ramrods I've been switching over to knight ramrods I especially like the built in extension built in.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

You could probably take a breech plug to a machine shop and have them cut a couple for not too much. Pretty simple part to make if you know the material it’s made from

I would like to have a 209 conversion kit for my Bison .I have experienced a few misfires and hang fires. Normally not on shot 1 or 2. Only during practice. Have yet shot any deer or elk. I guess I'll sit back and wait on any news of finding one.

Ed I was going to do the same and wish him good luck this hunting season. I'll let you know if I hear from him.

Looks like Doc took a fall and is scheduled for surgery..

Back