time to make smoke again

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHM

Reaction score
I could use a little help. I moved about three years ago and during the move lost all my notes and targets for my White muzzleloaders. I also just completed a three year commitment, which means I will now will have a little time on my hands to make some smoke. I have a .504 Super Safari, and a .451 Super 91. I remember the .504 liked the 495 grain NEWS, and the .451 460 grain No Excuses. But, my records for what my powder charge was has been lost. I have Swiss blackpowder, but since I am starting over I would like to save the Swiss for my sidelocks. I am thinking of trying 3f Triple 7 as it is easy to procure. I am looking for recommendations for powder charges.

What they said as well. For my .451 white (Squirrel Rifles). Private joke . Any way with 465gr conicals, they like 65-75 gr of either Swiss 3F or 777 3F.

If ya ever want to get rid of that 451 let me know.

I shoot 80 gr of 777 2f and Eds 460 gr conical out of my .451 and 75 gr 777 3f 460 gr bullshop conical out of one of my .504`s

[/sorry put 3f should of been 2f, fixed it.b]

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will start low and go up in five grain increments till I find the sweet spot.

Latest posts

Back