Hypothetical Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
If you owned quite a few muzzleloaders but didn't own a White. Would you buy a G series Bison 540 with a blued barrel in very good condition or hold out for a stainless one. If you would buy it what do you think a decent price would be. Thanks

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Condition, condition, condition, without good photos, or hands on, it's hard to put a value on one. It might be easier to say what the guy is asking. DWB's on here might tell you if the price is out of line.

It appears very good condition and guy is willing to give it to me to see if I want it. 300.00

I have a .540 Bison. They didn't make a lot of them. It's an excellent shooter, just a great meat and potatoes gun. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the type of bluing they used. It is dull, which is good for hunting though. Like Ed said you can always have it blackiced. $300 is not a bad price if it is in very good condition.

i paid 250 for mine it had 1 scratch and was pristine otherwise it also included a boat load of bullets and had the wrist pinned to prevent breaking. i feel like i got almost to good of deal and wouldnt bat an eye paying 300 for just the gun.

Fmfdred56 said:
i paid 250 for mine it had 1 scratch and was pristine otherwise it also included a boat load of bullets and had the wrist pinned to prevent breaking. i feel like i got almost to good of deal and wouldnt bat an eye paying 300 for just the gun.

Wrist pinned to prevent breaking. Could you explain this please now you have me worried something is going to break. Understand I know nothing about Whites, I just see you guys talking so highly of them so maybe I should get one. Is this rifle more of a starter model or middle of the road or upper end? I know there are a bunch of different makes and models, just not sure where this one falls. Thanks

ill see if i cant find the thread on it from when the original owner did the work. i guess that model could have issues cracking at the wrist so guys drill through the wrist of the stock then glue in a hardwood dowel to prevent it.

Fmfdred56 said:
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23497&p=177783&hilit=Bison#p177783

Thanks, This one has a composite stock so probably won't be a problem. I've received pic's of the rifle if I can figure out how to get them off my email and on to here.

should be a painted wood stock on a bison but painted in orange peal paint makes it look composite at least all of them iv seen had that stock

Ok if I can figure out this picture thing I'll get them on here and you can tell me for sure.

Some of the .540 Bisons did in fact come with a Synthetic Stock. It is an upgrade from the painted wooden stock and is much better in my opinion. My 540 has the Synthetic.

Back