???White Rifle Parts?????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
,250.00 lol just kidding if i find one i wood steer Ed that way cuss he's that type of guy

bp45cal,
That's not the way Mr. Fishler taught me how to write $2,500 in 5th grade. But I would consider that and might even throw in a vintage Weaver 4X Marksman scope for free.
Moving on, I have a question about peep sights, I've rooted around this site a bunch trying to see images of Whites equipped peeps. But all I see is a picture of a kitty in most of the posts that I think would have the image.
My question is where does the peep sight sit, cuz on the Whitetail the cocking lever is on one side and the safety on the other so the rear scope mount doesn't look like it would work. Is the sight mounted on the front of the action right above the breech plug. That seems a little far forward to me. I wish I could use a scope, what was once perfect eyesight is now a memory. I hope to get to the range tomorrow. I also hope there is some photo worthy targets.
Oh yeah, I did see a smaller Williams peep that would sit completely on top of the action without the L shaped body that extends down the side of the action. WGRS I think was the model I guess that would work.

on the right side of the action just above the stock you will see 2 plugs, thats where your peep goes.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this. The rifle is all put together back to factory specs and shooting.

chickasaw_hunter said:
I think I may have solved the code to posting here. Here is my White M97.
Anyway here's some photo's of it, mostly for a test of my photo fu:

IMGP1438.JPGIMGP1439.JPG
I don't see Model 97 on your gun. How many action screws does it have holding the action to the stock?

toytruck said:
chickasaw_hunter said:
I think I may have solved the code to posting here. Here is my White M97.
Anyway here's some photo's of it, mostly for a test of my photo fu:

IMGP1438.JPGIMGP1439.JPG
I don't see Model 97 on your gun. How many action screws does it have holding the action to the stock?

I believe that rifle is a "G" series Whitetail, not a M97 Whitetail Hunter. Still a great rifle.

It does say Whitetail on it. It has one action screw. So I guess I may be learning that a M97 is something different. I don't know where I came up with that. The Photobucket thing wiped out a lot of knowledge on this site, and I've had problems seeing different models of White rifles. So if I"m wrong on this I'm not surprised, please educate me. The worst situation to be in is to not know enough to ask the right questions. And that seems to be the situation I find myself in. Thanks for the response.

chickasaw_hunter said:
It does say Whitetail on it. It has one action screw. So I guess I may be learning that a M97 is something different. I don't know where I came up with that. The Photobucket thing wiped out a lot of knowledge on this site, and I've had problems seeing different models of White rifles. So if I"m wrong on this I'm not surprised, please educate me. The worst situation to be in is to not know enough to ask the right questions. And that seems to be the situation I find myself in. Thanks for the response.
The Model 97's have two action screws. One in front of the breech (underside) and one in the rear trigger guard. You have a Whitetail rifle, which isn't a bad thing just not as stable as the 97's. I have owned both.
http://whitemuzzleloading.com/model-97/

Steve, funny you should send that. That picture of Chuck Fish and Doc was taken on the 1st DWB Hunt in Michigan. I was there along with Randy Wakeman, Mike Wills (White Sales Mgr) and a few other guys who shared a White rifle that Doc brought along. We all shot big Russian Boars that day. My .451 White M98 with the Super Safari stock shooting the 475gr Whitworth bullet did a fine job on my boar. Except I had to shoot it twice as my first shot was a little further back. All I heard from Doc who was with me as we stalked up to this Boar was RELOAD! RELOAD!! Don't know why? I mean I rolled him over a couple of times from the first shot. Do you think it had anything to do with it standing up facing us and snapping its teeth at us?? GRIN
Luckily it turned broadside as I raised my White again giving me another nice broadside shot.

Attachments

• DocEd.jpg
    DocEd.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 159
Steve, thanks for the link, that learned me a lot. So am I right in believing that my G series Whitetail is an earlier production rifle than the M97's. That's what I took away from reading the link. Thanks again.

chickasaw_hunter said:
Steve, thanks for the link, that learned me a lot. So am I right in believing that my G series Whitetail is an earlier production rifle than the M97's. That's what I took away from reading the link. Thanks again.
Yes, you are correct. I would think you could always add a second bolt to your whitetail if you have the skills (I don't) or have a real good gunsmith close by that would do it. Just weld another lug behind the trigger guard and drill out the stock an add bolt to fit. It's not really needed, but I will say my M97's are very accurate!

That makes me wonder just how old my Whitetail might be. It has a four digit Serial #. No matter how old it's in great shape.

Latest posts

Back