White 50 cal on 24hr campfire

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he told me bore did not have any pitting that it was just a little worn from shooting whatever that means.
I bought a gun from him about 3 yrs ago a Cabelas .45 Hunter Carbine 1:24 twist that was in VG condition.
I started to buy this one but have 5 Whites now and don't really need anymore.. for the price it would make a good loaner gun or maybe even primary if barrel is not really rusted, he said rifling was good and crisp.
Ask him for pics of the bore he was going to send me some but then I told him I was gonna pass.

I shot a big fox squirrel once up in top of a big elm tree after I got done hunting with a .54 T/C Renegade and a Maxi-Ball, it looked like his rear end had met his face, it went thru him end to end, was like picking up a corn husk nothing left in the middle.
Great squirrel rifle if you just want the hide :D

toytruck said:
edmehlig said:
Funny how you don't see many .451 Whites for sale. Guess everybody is keeping them to hunt squirrels?? LOL
there is that... :lol:

Gotta agree with you, between deer/squirrel I like the taste of squirrel best and I love deer.. If squirrels were as big as deer that's all Id hunt, course as tough as they are you'd have to use a 300 Win Mag to hunt them, they rival a coyote for the will to live when hit.

toytruck said:
:shock: I had two fox squirrels for supper this evening, shot with the Thunder. Best meat in the woods!! IMO

dbowling said:
Gotta agree with you, between deer/squirrel I like the taste of squirrel best and I love deer.. If squirrels were as big as deer that's all Id hunt, course as tough as they are you'd have to use a 300 Win Mag to hunt them, they rival a coyote for the will to live when hit.

Pressure cooker works very well to soften them up.... :wink:

toytruck said:
dbowling said:

Crock Pot too! :wink:

dbowling said:
I shot a big fox squirrel once up in top of a big elm tree after I got done hunting with a .54 T/C Renegade and a Maxi-Ball, it looked like his rear end had met his face, it went thru him end to end, was like picking up a corn husk nothing left in the middle.
Great squirrel rifle if you just want the hide :D

toytruck said:
edmehlig said:
Funny how you don't see many .451 Whites for sale. Guess everybody is keeping them to hunt squirrels?? LOL
there is that... :lol:

You got to bark them not shoot them directly ,

toytruck said:
dbowling said:

If squirrels were as big as deer it likely wouldn't be safe to go into the woods :shock:

Back