Lubing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've tried about everything, Dip lubing (fast and easy, but messy, and still need cleaning with a sizer or cutter) Pan lubing (need a pretty precise cutter, or still need sizing. OR, Its a tricky timing dance to wait until just the proper hardness for pushout. I just bought a used sizer/luber from an auction site, So i'm trying that next. My old method was a lee hand press for sizing, so, at least its a step up in sizers, but now will need all new dies.
What methods do you guys use?

Initially I was using the dip method. It worked well but since then I went to Pan lubing. I’ve found letting the wax harden for a hour works best for me. I probably could let the wax harden up to 1.5 hrs. Anything more then that would give me sore thumbs. Grin

edmehlig said:
Initially I was using the dip method. It worked well but since then I went to Pan lubing. I’ve found letting the wax harden for a hour works best for me. I probably could let the wax harden up to 1.5 hrs. Anything more then that would give me sore thumbs. Grin
Which lube do you use?

I used a lube that Bob Bowers provide me years ago. If you check the Lube Recipe and check post #3 I have the corrected version and its ingredients listed.

Latest posts

Back