favorite and what used for ML on turkey hunting??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfer

Reaction score
Love using my MLs for turkey hunting both spring and fall. I know lots places restrict to shotgun only but here in VA using a Ml rifle is OK. My current favorite Ml for turkey is my Encore 45/70 conversion to 45 cal SML. Old eyes need the scope and that gun is super accurate. It is also light, low recoil, short and very handy. And did I say accurate. I have used my old Cabellas "Hawken" style with the 1/60 twist 50 cal barrel as it is very accurate too but I can't see the open sights any more. I'd love to find a White Tominator but they are impossible to locate much less buy but the search is ongoing. Any other favorite ML turkey guns out there? W

I use a Knight TK2000 12 gauge shotgun. Kicks like a mule but knocks them toms flat.

My favorite is an old Knight MK86 with a hastings .665 turkey choke.I use 85 grains of 777 ffg and a ballistic product TPS 2 oz. shotcup and #6 copperplated shot.Awesome 40 yard patterns!!

Back