Optics for a TK2000

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyzink

Reaction score
I am in the shopping mood again, going to buy a TK2000, That part I already have made up my mind. Any of you folks have a scope on your ML shotgun? What do you suggest ?

I put a bushnell trophy red dot on my TK2000 but have been thinking of putting a Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm. It is even made for shotguns. When the turkey's head fills the diamond he is in range. I have to get out and shoot mine more. Then I will decide. Although the red dot does a good job.

Anyone have any history with a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm Turkey Plex? I am very prejudice towards leupold :oops:

Ive been looking at a leupold reddot. One of the few reddots ive seen that has a lifetime warrenty. Its also motion activated. Was maybe gonna try it out on my pistol but might be somthing to look into since you like leaupolds

Its been my experience with BP guns that you want a fixed optic. Blowback tends to get under the power ring and binds it. It can be cleaned but can be a real pain in the rear.

Ditto on Red Dot optics with the on and off switch.

Back