2014 season coming on what's happenin your way??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfer

Reaction score
Just made a good find and a "if I ever get the chance gun". It's a Franchi 48 in 20 ga. with a 24" barrel. Box, chokes, 98% and got it for less than half of MSRP of $899. Bad winter and hard time and he was happy with the cash and I'm happy with the gun. Now it's just 5 weeks to opening day of spring season. No more JC Higgins bolter for me now. simi auto too. Oyster season been purty good so it's turkey time with a new to me fancy gun. Lotsa turkeys showing and seen some struttin already, funny, turkeys fanned and struttin in 5" of snow. Now is scout time so to be ready. What's happenin in yore neck of de woods? W

Well all we do in Northern Wisconsin right now, since spring is just around the corner, is wait for the snow to melt.

3-004_zps99aa14f9.jpg

The snow load was bending the rafters and supports so the garage and house had to be shoveled. Its going to be a while before the snow is all melts.

woodsmanflintlock011.jpg

This is what the range normally looks like. Not covered in six feet of snow. But it will melt.

1-DSCN0195_zpsec6f51d2.jpg

The snow on the ground is so deep still that only the lids on upright 55 gallon steel drums can be seen on the edge of the woods. So once the snow melts then we start fishing. And Spring Turkey hunting.

That sounds like a sweet shotgun you found. I have a 20 gauge Winchester 1300 Ranger pump with the wind chokes. Its nothing to compare to yours but it sure is a good shooting shotgun and just wonderful to handle and carry... Good luck with your shotgun.

Latest posts

Back