2015 Iowa Spring Turkey

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm still new to turkey hunting and after this weekend, I think I'm hooked :D My boys and I had the opportunity to head down to my brother-in-laws property for a couple of days. We saw many turkey's on Saturday but couldn't connect. Sunday was unbelievable!

My youngest son took his first turkey out of a box blind at 15yds with a youth 20ga. Here is my decoy setup at 12yds.
image.jpg2_zpspvqrpxhq.jpg

We had many jakes come in early and they fought to be the first one to stand in front of the hen decoy. My son waited til he had a clean shot on one bird and made a great head/neck shot. Very exciting to see him take his first bird.
image.jpg1_zpscyxgvhxv.jpg

My 15yr old with his friend who has never been out turkey hunting. We called this tom in from 350yds using an aggressive hen yelp. The decoy setup was 30 yds out. Perfect head shot with the 12ga/red dot scope using Winchester LongBeard ammo.
image.jpg2_zpsjskdvtu8.jpg

My oldest boy and I with our 40yd double using a run and gun technique. Very exciting 20 minute hunt!
image.jpg1_zpswdbuqjwb.jpg

WOW! :shock: Now that is a Great Family weekend! Congrads to you all! 8) :applause:

Now that is what I call a successful hunt. You got birds and had the time of your life. Congratulations to all of you.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

What an awesome adventure :!: :!: :!: CONGRATS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED :yeah:

Ray.................... :wink:

Back