To wet your appetite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerRidge

Simple Effective Solutions
Reaction score
Got this Tom last season. The CG took me back home for some work, and I took a couple of days of leave while up there. My good friend had been complaining that there were tons of Turkeys on his parents 10 acres and he didn't know how to get them. After I flew in, I got a license, borrowed a shot gun, and a hand full of shells from my dad. Then my friend and I scouted that PM, and had a good spot located (at least lots of sign of them hanging out there and sturt marks etc). The next morning we heard distant gobbling, and when it didn't come closer or respond to our calls we broke that blind and moved closer. Turned out they were shock gobbling at geese in a near by pond, and were on someone else's land. We moved to the edge of the property and set up again. Discussed shooting zones and settle in. I ended up calling them nearly a 1/4 mile! They came to my calls and we left with a gobbler.

I love hunting, but I love turkey hunting the most!

Attachments

• Tom spring 2016.jpg
    Tom spring 2016.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 302
Wow that is a great bird. I was thinking Turkey myself today. I was going to the recycle center in town and a Tom and three hens ran across the road in front of me. It really made me smile. I like turkey hunting also. They are a great bird.

It worked. Can't wait to take the kids out for the youth season in April. Got a week of vacation and two tags to fill, it should be a great time :yeah:

:applause: :applause:

CONGRATS :!: :!: Nice bird :!:

Ray........... :yeah:

Back