Knight tk 2000

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenringtaylor

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on the knight TK 2000, loads or test data. :?:
I'm looking to get a ML shotgun and the knight seems to be a good place to start

tenringtaylor,
I can't speak from personal experience, but my next door neighbor Rob Lindley has one and he loves it. He shoots 100grs of 2f 777 and uses 1-3/4 oz of #6 or #4 shot and claims it patterns like a dream. This is all he uses and has 19 turkeys to his credit. He also claims it has a very good pattern out to 70yds, but I don't know if it would still have the needed velocity/energy to do the job at that range especially with #6 shot ?? He also claims he has tried the other muzzle loading shotguns , but the knight TK2000 wins hands down. I think this guy is a reputable source of info.

I have also heard good things about this gun from other guys. If I personally was going to use one for turkey hunting this would probably be my #1 choice also. I hope this info helps.

Right now Rob is in missouri turkey hunting and is leaving next week for New Mexico for another week of turkey hunting, naturally with the Knight TK2000.
Pocampo

Tenring take a look at "borrowed gun" same topic page. I believe that is one fine gun and have already been trying to buy or trade from friend.

I use a knight tk2000 thumbhole stock and love it. I bought it new last yr. I use 100grains pyrodex RS and #6 shot and wads I bought from knight as well. Got a big Tom this spring on opening day and have a 2nd tag so plan on going out 2day and hope to get a shot at another 1 :)

Does the TK2000 thumb hole stock come in a left handed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I shoot a TK2000. For grouse, 60 grains of 2f powder, usually Jim Shockey Gold, then a 2-3/4 plastic shot cup, an equal cup of #6 shot, then an over the shot card. I've knocked squirrels and grouse down with ease as some amazing distances with that tiny load. I use the JSG for grouse because on a day of hunting, I tend to shoot more then once. With JSG there is no swabbing. If any swabbing at all its the first three inches of the barrel. It cleans with water. I also have shot 3f JSG in the gun and my revolver and it work great. I just don't hunt in the rain with it.

For Turkey I shoot 80-90 grains of 2f (depending on the powder), a 3-1/4 plastic shot cup, and equal cup of #5&6 chilled shot mixed equal, and then two over the shot cards. This is a hard hitting, long range charge. With my decoys set at 25 yards, any Tom stupid enough to come in to that distance don't stand a chance. If they hover out at the 35 yard area, they still are dead bird.

I use 80g Goex 2F with a 3.5" BPI wad full of #4, took my bird this spring at 55 yards. I have no doubt that these will shoot out even further but I haven't pushed that envelope yet.

Latest posts

Back