What Muzzleloader Shot Gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA Bowhunter

Reaction score
Hi every one I am new here, just wanted to know what everyone used I use a Beretta over and under Muzzleloader

Welcome to the sight! I have a Knight TK2000 and a Spanish Built 12 ga. sidelock. I shoot the sidelock very sparingly and keep it just in case they start a traditional season only rule. Over Christmas I got a deal on an Encore 12 ga. Turkey barrel and saw your post looking for good load info on it. I have yet to fire it as I am sending the breech plug in for conersion to the 25 acp. When I get the plug back, I hope to begin pattern testing. I like the TK2000 but it has a strasight stock. For turkey, I like the idea of using my Encore thumbhole. Enjoy the sight, there are a lot of great and knowledeable people here!

just picked up a knight mk-86 from elite-50. this is knight's 1st 12 gauge turkey gun. its overall a little more trouble than the tk2000 cause 1. you have to remove the turkey choke to load it and 2. you have to undo some set screws and remove the barrel from the action when you clean it. that being said .... it seems to be very well designed. light and handy. probably won't get to shoot it for another couple of months, though :(

Have two muzzleloader shotguns, both Whites. A Tominator that I use for Turkey hunting and a Thunder for other small game. Because of the wads I use in the Tominator for Turkey I do have to remove the extended extra full turkey choke to load.

Both guns are only a little harder to keep clean than a modern shotgun.

Like both guns but if I had to choose one it would be the Thunder which weighs less because of the different stock and cost less.

I want to get into black powder shotgunning. I want to do it for turkey, and squirrel. Just have not had the $$ any time that I knew where there was a used muzzle loading shotgun for sale. I'm sure that 1 of these days I'll just buy a new over and under. It's just a matter of time until I do it.

I have a pair of Knight TK200 ml shotguns (one with a thumbhole stock and one with regular stock). They kick the snot out of me, but pattern really well.

yep

I just bought t TK2000 actually from a member here. It's a #11 cap. Kicks pretty good. I looked for one because of the barrel jug design. It pattern pretty tight with the factory choke.
Can't wait until Turkey season.

I use a .62 caliber smoothbore which is a 20 gauge black powder shotgun. The trouble is you have to let them get REAL close. 25 yards is about the max I would shoot after patterning the gun.

I just ordered a 12 gauge extra full choke barrel for my Thompson Center New Englander. It is supposed to be a 40 yard gun according to others that own them. The pattern will tell the truth when it gets here.

I have two Whites, both Tominators one is a Ray Eye. I have taken several Turkey and Grouse with the Tominator. It is IMO the best shotgun I own.

I have a T/C New Englander 12 gauge with a Hastings turkey choke. The Winchester/Mossberg/Browning chokes fit this.

I have a T/C New Englander that I have taken several turkey with. An Encore 209x12: although I have not worked up a turkey load for this gun I have killed a few squirrels with it and have been working on a deer load. My main turkey gun is the TK2000. It is a turkey killing machine. My loading is 2 oz. Of #4 Hevi-shot over 100 grains of FFg triple seven. This is what I call my ?no flop? load. When the smoke clears, there is no movement, only a pile of bird.

whitetail said:
I have two Whites, both Tominators one is a Ray Eye. I have taken several Turkey and Grouse with the Tominator. It is IMO the best shotgun I own.

I the Same, and Could not agree More.

The White's, Tominator, and the Thunder, are Simply Fantastic Shooters..

I have my great grand daddies side by side that bores out to a 16 gauge. shot my 3rd turkey on my 40th birthday some 20 odd yearas ago with it!

Now have a Pedroselli side by side 10 gauge I dabble with.

But have a heck of a time devloping a load for it that I actually like. So I just play with it alot. I have shot geese and ducks with it quite a bit.

JW

I have a Navy Arms SxS 12 ga. Looking forward to using it this spring. What I got it for. Got to get it out and pattern in the next couple weeks and see just how unfortunate the Toms are going to be!

I have a knight tk2000 12ga. thumbhole stock for turkey hunting (its inline w/209 ignition) I also have a double barrel pedrosali 12ga. for everything else but that is #11 primer ignition. Definately 1 of my best looking guns in my collection. I debated sometime of rather to get a 10ga or a 12ga but figured everything else I own is in 12ga so might as well keep everything the same. My knight its my most reliable and favorite shotgun. The pederosali is the best looking but also kicks like a mule.

Back