Hunt of the year!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
It's a long story and unfortunately I've still got fleshing and salting to do so I'll be brief. Today I managed to take my first red deer and first stag with my black powder. After hunting for about an hour I heard the rattle of two stags sparring. This time of year that only can mean young fellas having fun. Anyway I could spy them and wind wasn't in favour of stalking closer so I continued on hoping to cut them off further up. I ended up getting a 60m front on off hand shot at a young 3yo 10pt stag. Shot him through the neck and down he went on the spot. Then off took his mate a little 6pt. After capin out and breaking down I was on my way out and just got to the edge of the clear paddock when up jump two big stags! One nice ten and a big 12. But my hands were full, the gun was empty and I was content so I saw them on their way. I'll be back there soon looking for that big fella in a race to find him before he's cast.
This guy should make for great eaton though and I'm going to use him as my first attempt at taxidermy!

Thanks again for all the help guys.

JP

b1ed9c6566ead811ebe10140afdaa136.jpg

39e12ec2a2a7bfc882a61607d2720625.jpg

815e8e5c42b0d28cfb91543eaa1732d1.jpg

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:applause: :applause: :applause:

CONGRATS :!: :!: That's a beautiful 10 pt stag you have there. Going to make a nice mount along with good eating. 8)

Ray........... :yeah:

You know, you can always send me those back straps :wink:

Very nice animal. And yes that would make some excellent table fair I would bet. Get out the smoker and do a nice roast... Congratulation on using the muzzleloader. It makes it a whole different sport.

Congrads on a nice Stag! I think you just might be hooked! :D

Definitely hook line and sinker I reckon!

This guys a long way from my biggest but he means just as much. I don't understand how more people don't love BP hunting!

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! :applause: Nice Stag!

Making my mouth water thinking of all that delicious meat you have there :yeah:

I love BP hunting and range time :partyman:

Back