Iowa Youth Season 2014

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We decided to try some new to us public ground for hunting this year. A beautiful area, but we have not had much time to scout due to everyone having a busy schedule.

My oldest son hunted with my 14yr old while I scouted a few hills over to see what I could see as the evening drew near. I walked in with them, they decided on a spot, then I backtracked to an area that we noticed on the way in.

The youth hunter on the walk in.

One of the many large garden spiders that we tried not to disturb on the hike in, they love building their large webs in the tall grass along the two track.

Even though I was a ways away and tucked into a hillside, when the triumph went off, it still made me jump. They had an hour of shooting light left and I wasn't expecting any action quite that early.

A perfect 80yd broadside, double lung/heart shot made short work of the tracking job for the brothers.

Triumph 50 cal, 110gr BH209, Harvester smooth black sabot/Barnes 250gr TEZ, 1 happy hunter with a nice doe

I said the same thing last year but it's worth repeating, looks like you have built yourself quit the good hunting team! It shows in these a pics and from all the success that this is something the boys truly enjoy and not something dad is making them do.

03mossy said:
I said the same thing last year but it's worth repeating, looks like you have built yourself quit the good hunting team! It shows in these a pics and from all the success that this is something the boys truly enjoy and not something dad is making them do.

That's funny you mention that, I told them them the same thing. I think they like hunting almost as much as i do!

Congrads to the Youth Hunter and the "Team"! :applause: :partyman:

Awesome story and thanks for sharing! Looks like he shot a really nice sized doe! Teaching him right way to go!

As long as my boy stays out of trouble at school he'll get to hunt late ml season here in Nebraska, can't wait!

Excellent write up and pictures. And you're a lucky person to have such good hunting partners. And might I say... man that is a nice looking doe. Nice shooting and way to go!!!

8)

CONGRATS to you and your hunting crew....... Making those memories that will last forever :applause:

Ray..... :yeah:

Great story and pictures. Good day with your "team". You have started them well. Good job.

Awesome job! I know you are very proud of your boys, deservedly so. Looks like you've done a fine job with them!

Very nice
The area looks great, I would enjoy hunting there even if I didn't see any deer!

That's what it's all about, great stuff

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back