Iowa ShotGun 2 with the Kids

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I took the 3 youngest ones down to their Uncle's farm. The weather was nice, not too cold and light winds. This hunt was all about the kids learning and having fun, going out when they wanted to, and letting them decide what they wanted to shoot within their limits. Everyone had a great time, we got a freezer full of delicious meat, had fresh smoked loins wrapped with turkey bacon on the last night that my brother-in-law prepared; they were mouthwatering delicious :D

My youngest daughter took her first deer on an evening sit. It was quite the time with my wife and I sitting in the bushes behind her. Wife looks at daughter, daughter looks at wife, both start giggling uncontrollably. Had a couple of smaller deer come in at 40 yds, daughter cocks the hammer back, puts the crosshairs on, makes a great double lung shot.

CVA Apex, 70gr BH209, Barnes TEZ 250gr, one happy young lady

My son with a smaller deer he decided to shoot on a morning hunt.
TC Triumph, 110gr BH209, Barnes TEZ 250gr

My youngest son with a nice doe he shot on the last morning sit
TC Impact, 70gr BH209, Barnes TMZ 250gr

Bullet recovered from the big doe, it was found on the offside under the hide but did poke through some, i think one of the pedals cut it's way through. The shot was a little further than I originally thought, past the limit I put on that load but what do ya do, my rangefinder battery died that morning. The doe was quartering towards us, my son made a good shot and dropped her on the spot.

Sounds like an amazing weekend with the kids! Gotta love those barnes performance on game! That recovery pic is perfect.

it sounds like you not only had an excellent hunting experience but as you said.. filled a freezer at the same time. Congratulations to all.

Congrads to you all. That some fantastic stuff right there! :yeah: :partyman:

Congrats on a great time with your family! That bacon wrapped loin sounds awesome too :applause:

really like seeing when the kids are successful , I remember taking mine out not sure who was more excited when they got their deer me or them

Latest posts

Back