Last day buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiosam

Reaction score
Yesterday was the last day of Ohio's muzzleloader season and first day of gun hunting with a tracking snow. About 10:00 this buck came of a ridge into a hollow and stopped broadside at 40 yards. A 250 gr SST over 110gr BH209 in the neck dropped him in his tracks.

Used the same Encore frame with a .375 win barrel to take this doe earlier in the season. Both barrels wear Nikon 2-7 Pro-staff scopes. 2 shots, 2 deer.

Glad you had success. It was rough with the wind yesterday, some quieter in the woods.

Congrads on both harvests.

We had a warm season in December, first couple days were pretty rainy down in SE Ohio. Hated the warm as I like to hang mine for a couple days in the cold.

ShawnT said:

We had a warm season in December, first couple days were pretty rainy down in SE Ohio. Hated the warm as I like to hang mine for a couple days in the cold.

Same here in NE Ohio. However I have a walk in cooler so keeping a deer a few days isn't an issue.

very nice deer. Good shooting! A lot of good venison.

ohiosam said:
ShawnT said:

Same here in NE Ohio. However I have a walk in cooler so keeping a deer a few days isn't an issue.
:drool: :drool: I always wanted something like that or just a large commercial fridge.

Top stuff, beautiful buck and will make for some great eating

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back