2015 MZ successes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Vette

Reaction score
Two animals taken this year. Both were taken by my TC Triumph Bone Collector. I purchased this in July to try out for this fall, and it became my primary rifle over my Impact. I've learned to really like the 1/4 turn breech plug removal.

Both taken with 120gr BH209 (84.0 weighed) pushing a Barnes T-EZ 290 with factory sabot. Primer was CCI.

First, in October was my New Mexico 5x5 elk at 189 yards. A double lung shot it went about 40 yards and fell over.

Second, my son took a doe during the MZ season here in MI 10 days ago at 120 yards.

I've been quite impressed with the bullet and load. My Dad's Triumph happens to shoot the exact same load very well though he has not had a chance to take anything with it. I won't be out for the MZ season any more this year but might use the rifle for a late December doe hunt in lower MI.

Attachments

• elk - smaller.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,755
  • RyDeerMZ.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 1,755
Congrats on the good season. That bullets is also my go to and has yet to fail me.

Congratulations on some great hunting success. Always nice to have a rifle and load that works that well.

Hi there,

Just curious were you able to retrieve the Barnes TEZ or did it go right thru?

It went through. I do not think I have a photo of the other side of the elk, but the hole was somewhat larger, not huge.

Top stuff mate, can't beat the bone collector

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Back