accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest4170

Reaction score
how often should a guy clean there breach plug while shooting bh 209 with federal 209a primers

I clean my plug every time the bore gets cleaned. So after every shooting session.

Yep I agree 100% clean it after each shooting session. BH209 fouling will rust your Breech Plug under the right conditions.

depending on how heavy a load, it will clog in 15-20 shots. so If your shooting a lot, you will have to clean the breechplug long before the barrel

Shooting Bh 209, I clean the breech plug every 8 or 9 shots, or else I start getting flyers. At least I blame it on the breech plug. Maybe me just being old and set in my ways.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

I clean my plug by running the drill bit in it,should I be cleaning the inside by soaking in something

Re: RE: Re: accuracy

quest4170 said:
I clean my plug by running the drill bit in it,should I be cleaning the inside by soaking in something
I soak bp in hoppes 9 while I clean the barrel, to clean the bp after soaking, use a q tip and a torch tip cleaner to make sure its open. The tip cleaner also lets me guage the bp for wear. Hope this makes cents to you. HC.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back