arizona couple have awesome season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Reaction score
this summer i put together a custom remington 700ml for blackhorn and parker 275 match hunters sabotless 45 for a arizona hunter. and he definetly put it to work..

Dear Bestill

Here is the story regarding our hunt....by the way, this gun is amazing, the shooting is so accurate, so happy with the purchase.

2016 Bull Elk Muzzle loader Hunt:

This year me and wife drew an Arizona bull elk muzzle loader hunt. A friend of mine helped me to get in contact with Jeff Fisk who builds custom muzzle loaders. With his help on building me a custom gun, we began to prepare for our hunt. On the second day of the hunt, my friend glassed an elk 6.5 miles away. We decided to take my wife in to that area, in which my daughter decided to follow along. As we slowly worked the ridge of the mountain, we glassed this bull Elk at 410 yards at the the top of a drainage. This bull was with 5 cows and a spike. We sneaked up through the trees, and I ranged him at 330 yards. While I was watching the bull elk, my wife was setting up the tripod and the custom gun in a standing position as she had practiced. My daughter sat back and began taking as many photos as she could as we were preparing to make our next move. While I looked through my binoculars, I told her to shoot when she felt comfortable. She decided to take the shot. She hit the bull in the heart. The gun was spot on.

Now on to my bull Elk. It was the evening of the last day of the hunt. I passed up quite a few bulls. Now I was ready to kill for meat. As I sat up at a water hole, this bull elk came in. Knowing what the gun could do at 330 yards a few days earlier, I was confident that I was going to knock this bull down. I let him come in at 100 yards. I put the cross hairs right on him, pulled the trigger, and he dropped in his tracks. I was very excited to see him go down. Our experience this year hunting for bull elk was an awesome one using a custom gun like that. We look forward to using it again on the next hunt. I want to thank you Jeff, Ray and Josiah for all their help in making this an amazing experience!

Wow! Congrads to that couple on such a great hunt. :applause: They might need a bigger Freezer to boot!

Looks like another Great rifle build to so hats off to Bestill! :yeah:

Back