First Success with Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKenny

Reaction score
In my first year hunting with a muzzleloader. Shot a spike on Friday 11/11 and followed up Saturday with a nice buck. Shooting a CVA Wolf topped with a Redfield Revolution and
0cd7f1cd47fdd761b818f9e7859ec294.jpg
loaded with 100 grains by volume of BH209 and a 250 grain TC Shockwave.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful Buck mate, congrats!

I dream of getting to the states after a deer like that one day, seeing pics Like this get me all the more keen! Keep it up

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

Re: First Success with Muzzleloader

Congratulations on the two deer. That is a very nice buck there. How does that 250 shockwave behave for you? I am sure you're getting pass through, but are you getting good expansion and blood trail?

Both shots were pass through and the blood trails were good. I don't think I got very good expansion because the exit wound wasn't much bigger than entrance. I can't complain though, because it did its job on both deer.

Congrads on you First ML harvests! :applause: Bet your Hooked now like the rest of us. :wink:

Congrats on a nice buck, hunting with muzzleloaders is addictive..have not used a slug gun is at least 15 yrs.. Indiana opened our season to high powered rifles this year and still prefer muzzys.

Thank you Gents. I was just telling a friend of mine that I will be using the muzzy the rest of the season. The slug gun will stay in the safe.

I believe a muzzleloader hunter is typically a much more ethical hunter.
When you know you potentially have one shot you choose wisely and are a better steward of our herd.
Ive found i spend more time glassingand ppicking a exact animal to harvest and wait for preferred shot

Nice buck! My first ever hunt with a ML will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I can't wait! :D

Nice buck! This is my second season of ML hunting, and it's addictive.

The only reason I still have a slug gun in the safe is I occasionally hunt some areas with regs more restrictive than the state regs, and only shotguns meeting specific requirements are allowed.

Congrats and welcome to the ML Brotherhood!!! You'll be finding your shotgun will be sitting the the safe more now since you got bite by the ML bug.

DKenny said:
The slug gun will stay in the safe.

I did that too. After it sat in the safe for several years I sold it and bought another ML. :wink: :lol: :yeah:

Latest posts

Back