First for the accura MR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Went for a all day hunt yesterday, very hot and windy all day but at first light I had two doe and 5 bucks come through and knew it would be a active day and worth the long, uncomfortable sit in the lock on. Around 10 am I had another 4 point come through and a few minutes later a larger buck went through with no shot. after that it was slow, around 3 I heard chasing and a doe ran through my shooting lanes, few seconds later this guy trotted out and got into an opening about 65 yds out and stopped. Hit a little higher then I wanted but I was high above him and the 300gr XTP managed to take out both lungs and the spine. Just dropped and was done in a few seconds.

Overall I loved hunting with this combo, the MR weight/length feels great to me, very nimble in the tree, shoulders great and nice trigger. The leupold ultimate looked great in the woods. The weird part was when I reloaded I couldnt get the primer out, had to pry it out with my knife. Going to shoot off my round today and see if it happens again.

anyways here is my buck, not the biggest but I passed so many deer this season that I was more then happy with this. He will taste great.

1VeU62Y.jpg

still have tags so ill be going after a doe soon.

thanks, feels good to finally have the pressure off.

on a side note, fired off my round. primer came out fine. dont know what the deal was yesterday.

Top stuff mate, love XTPs!

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

rangerod said:
Congratulations. Nice buck. Those xtp's are a great bullet. Nice hitch carrier. I have one just like it.

got it as a xmas gift years ago, must have for a hunter that doesnt want a pickup. Nice for coolers as well.

Real happy with the XTP, cant beat it for the price per how many you get.

Tannhauser said:
Nice buck!

Those 300 gr XTP bullets get the job done!

awesome , esp for the price. flipped the deer, two holes and shredded vitals. very happy with them

sawtoothscream said:
rangerod said:
Congratulations. Nice buck. Those xtp's are a great bullet. Nice hitch carrier. I have one just like it.

got it as a xmas gift years ago, must have for a hunter that doesnt want a pickup. Nice for coolers as well.

I actually have the carrier on my truck. Sometimes I'm by myself and couldn't get a big buck into the bed by myself. I can however get it in the the carrier.

rangerod said:
sawtoothscream said:
rangerod said:

I actually have the carrier on my truck. Sometimes I'm by myself and couldn't get a big buck into the bed by myself. I can however get it in the the carrier.

I use a hitch carrier on the back of my Subaru Forester during hunting season, and I really like it. I wrap my game cart (disassembled) inside a tarp and lash it inside the carrier. I also hunt alone 99% of the time, and I can attest it's much easier to put a big buck onto a carrier than into a truck bed without assistance.

CAN YOU SHARE THE load powder type and #of grains used you use . How tight of groust do you get with your rifle????
Thankes
MARTIN

NIce buck right there. Where I live in Utah, we don't have Whitetail. However, this year I drew a Montana tag and hope to get one worthy of mounting. The meat is so much more palatable and tasty. My family really likes it. Yours is a very nice buck, well done!

Back