Mouflon with Pedersoli Brutus .50 - 600FP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltner

Reaction score
Has been an abatement suffered, I was looking, and I saw him on the flap of the forest looking at me about 130 yards, I had a rucksack but I could not lie down on the ground because the weeds and the morphology of the terrain I hid the prey which also was slightly turned to the left chest.
ritratto-di-muflone-48942741.jpg

then I decided for the position Image,
inginocchio.jpg

obviously agitated with emotion, I tried to relax, after the shoting are statp disappointed, disappeared the smoke, I could still see him staring at me, and after 3 seconds it rolled over and jumped into the woods.
I had budgeted the miss and went to clean the barrel, after which I walked towards the anschuss, reached the place I turned around to see where I was shot, almost certain it was wrong, I turned on myself and i saw the ovine under a fir tree which had branches down to the ground, practically jump of 3 meters that did was to go under the tree.
When cleaning your prey, I noticed the terminal effect, perforation of the right lung, liver (to throw) and rumen.
2q9gvmu.jpg

n4xg8k.jpg

eskac5.jpg

xlxemc.jpg

2iax3j8.jpg

a5auxx.jpg

10yhnic.jpg

Is that conical bullet made of harder then pure lead cast? It really did a number on that animal. Congratulations on your harvest.

Pure Lead cast with mold Accurate 50-600M and shipped with 45 gn T7 2F at about 1100
attachment.php

attachment.php

Well done! Further proof that one need not pour half a can of powder down a barrel to kill a critter.
Surprised you recovered the bullet. Those flying telephone poles have a habit of exiting. A nice remembrance of a fine hunt.
Keep your back green and your powder dry!

Thank you all, this result is thanks to the advice of this forum :yeah:

Latest posts

Back